Amp Heads

MightyDrynwhyl

Funeral doom is my life
i know this has [probably been done a 1000times, but i have to know, which amp head is the best for metal? i only have around $800 to spend and i want a tube head, i know ppl are going to say the peavey 5150 but i heard you have to replace the tube and get a bias mod or else it sucks. i was thinking of either the 5150, ashdown fallen angel, model t sunn amp, or a marshall, can anybody help me choose? im looking for an amp that i can do both death and black metal

my current rig is a crate mx120r combo amp which sounds like shit without my boss mt-2

I like the 5150 as is personally, if you can find a mesa head for cheap they are good as well. Just play around on a few things and see what you like. I personally hate tube heads, i love the sound out of a solid state much more, so im going to stick with my ampeg SS-140 forever. Ill cry if that thing ever dies

I personally like the Marshall JCM800s a lot. I, however prefer the Bogner Uberschall over everything, but that's a bit out of your price range. I'd go with a Peavey 5150 or a Marshall JCM800. Both are great for metal and you can find either used for around $500 to $600 bucks.

Sonnenritter said:
I personally like the Marshall JCM800s a lot. I, however prefer the Bogner Uberschall over everything, but that's a bit out of your price range. I'd go with a Peavey 5150 or a Marshall JCM800. Both are great for metal and you can find either used for around $500 to $600 bucks.

I need to hear the Uberschall. I have a Bogner Ecstacy and love it.

For the price mentioned, I'd go with the 5150.

Mark