An ecclectic hour of Progressive Rock on local NPR Station

dtguitarfan

Prog Lover
Oct 1, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Well, this is a little early but I wanted to allow people to plan for it, and I will bump this thread a couple times to remind people:
A couple of my buddies and I have started a tradition. The local NPR station does bi-annual fundraisers (as most NPR stations do) and if you donate at a certain level, they will let you come on their station and play DJ for an hour. So my buddies and I have now done two Progressive Rock Hour shows on this station (if you want to hear them, please PM me). We have a date for our next show! We will be doing another Progressive Rock (and/or Metal) Hour on October 18th from 8-9 PM Eastern Daylight Time (that's UTC/GMT -4 hours). I know what you're thinking: "I don't live in Chattanooga, TN! So how could I listen in?" Well, they have streaming! To tune in via web, browse to http://www.wutc.org/ and click one of the options in the "Now Playing" block in the right-hand column. For this show, we have selected a lineup of some fairly obscure and ecclectic Prog and Prog Metal.

First I hear Circus Maximus - "Namaste" on the modern rock / alternative channel on satellite radio yesterday, now prog rock on public radio? What's next, Shadow Gallery as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live? :)

Any chance we will be able to listen to this "after the fact" if we are not able to listen live?
Yes - they always burn us a CD. With our other two shows, we uploaded them to a website after checking with the people at the station about the legality. If you want to listen to our older shows, PM me and I will send you the address.