An interesting read..

Jesse-

Jun 9, 2005
Vaasa, Finland
Take a minute to read this, as I'd like to see what you guys think of this, which in my opinion is crap. A "review" of SOAD - Hypnotize. Taken from Findance.com

Hypnotize, the follow-up to the springs first part, doesn't offer for example Georgian fusionjazz, but continues fortunately in the same exact spot, where Mezmerize stopped.

And that means combining progressive elements to gruesome rally, and decorating that with some pop-hooks -- not forgetting those neat armenian- melodies. This second part confirms the impression that System Of A Down has more ideas in one song, than many rockbands has in their whole career -- and the vision to execute these ideas in the best possible way.

System Of A Down is currently very sturdily in the front row in rock and metal; it's one of those few bands, that can take a music genre forward with big steps, and at the same time capture the buying audience. While almost all new rockbands applauded by media are satisfied by copying sounds from the past decade, System tries to create something new - Music for the year 2005, not for 1975 or '85.

So, comparing this album to some outstanding and monument works from the '80 by Slayer and Metallica, is not one bit overstating. Even better, it stands with its feet wide in the overall rock-happening among the big bands. If music-journalists were as broad-minded as they think they are, System Of A Down would soon be ranked next to other radioheads in this world.

After these albums, it feels like there is yet no shore in this bands open sea, but even if those would stay as their insuperable masterworks, this bands place in rockmusic history would be secured.

Jesse- said:
System Of A Down would soon be ranked next to other radioheads in this world.

What stupid cunt wrote this. Well I now refuse to listen to anything SOAD have ever done. Radiohead, I mean come on, totally different genre. SOAD: heavy rock, Radiohead: Misrable monkey music.:err: