An interview with Mr. Sister!

Dee rules. Nice interview too, and his closing comment seemed quite sincere, in that he was, I'm guessing, happy to talk to someone who actually knows about Twisted Sister, etc.

I know a lot of people agree here, but Twisted Sister are awesome. Those first several records are classics. Even Dee kind of underrates them, since he's always saying things like, "We are a retro act." Maybe that's true in some sense, but they had very good, very real records. I remember the first time I heard them, it was the song You Can't Stop Rock And Roll, and I was immediately hooked.

Also, I know the B-side he's talking about that Sebastian Bach first heard, and it's fucking great. It has one of Dee's long raps with the audience on it, and it's just this out of control, almost punk rock version of It's Only Rock and Roll. Totally cool. I had that same single.

they interviewed him last night on the classic metal show, im sure that will be on their podcast soon

Dee rules. Nice interview too, and his closing comment seemed quite sincere, in that he was, I'm guessing, happy to talk to someone who actually knows about Twisted Sister, etc.

I know a lot of people agree here, but Twisted Sister are awesome. Those first several records are classics. Even Dee kind of underrates them, since he's always saying things like, "We are a retro act." Maybe that's true in some sense, but they had very good, very real records. I remember the first time I heard them, it was the song You Can't Stop Rock And Roll, and I was immediately hooked.

Also, I know the B-side he's talking about that Sebastian Bach first heard, and it's fucking great. It has one of Dee's long raps with the audience on it, and it's just this out of control, almost punk rock version of It's Only Rock and Roll. Totally cool. I had that same single.

It was a great interview sadly I only got through about half the questions, but I can't complain they squeezed me in. How can I bitch about the amount of time alloted?! I would have settled for emailing him some questions but I was asked my preference...of course phone is better. He was fucking cool man. One of the fan friendly people that I have gotten a chance to interview...Thanks for reading the interview.

Great interview! Dee always has something interesting to say and I'm glad tha he seems to be in high spirits. And contrary to what he said, I DO NOT go to the bathroom or for a beer when a band plays new material.

thanks. twisted sister will always be my 3rd favorite band ever. under the blade, you can't stop r n r and stay hungry are great albums. i don't care what anyone says but TS is straight up metal and really only glam in image only and not sound. its a shame certain bands get called glam (lizzy borden, w.a.s.p., saigon kick, extreme, enuff znuff) when the actual music those bands play are not really related to the glam sound

btw i keep getting confussed. dee has released statements on the TS website about the new tunes needed for the christmas musical. i keep thinking he is writing new non christmas metal songs that TS will record for a new and final album of original material. is this what he's talking about or will these be christmas tunes or covers or what?

thanks. twisted sister will always be my 3rd favorite band ever. under the blade, you can't stop r n r and stay hungry are great albums. i don't care what anyone says but TS is straight up metal and really only glam in image only and not sound. its a shame certain bands get called glam (lizzy borden, w.a.s.p., saigon kick, extreme, enuff znuff) when the actual music those bands play are not really related to the glam sound

btw i keep getting confussed. dee has released statements on the TS website about the new tunes needed for the christmas musical. i keep thinking he is writing new non christmas metal songs that TS will record for a new and final album of original material. is this what he's talking about or will these be christmas tunes or covers or what?

The new music is being used for the musical. One of the new songs that came from these sessions was the track "30" that Twisted recorded for Stay Hungry...I imagine they'll be stuff that won't be for use of the musical. As Dee said he overwrites...

cool so these are not christmas themed tunes but actual songs.

btw theres a post from J.J. on the TS forum saying some songs like "come back" and "pay the price" were demo'd at basically every studio session for a new album they did and the record execs never voted for the songs to be on the album. this was the answer to someone's question if "pay the price" on the 25th anniversary edition was different than the version on club daze which the answer is yes