Anathema for PP X

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Kscope has set an August 25 release date for the new semi-acoustic album from UK atmospheric rock band ANATHEMA entitled "Hindsight". The LP will be available to download from August 18

They are releasing a new album and I think that they should fucking play damnit. I looked all over the internet and couldnt find a record of a past US performance. Have they never played in the US before? I could have sworn that they had. If not I would think it would be a big deal to get the ANATHEMA US debut.

EDIT: Milwaukee Metal Fest in 2000 looks like the only time they played in the US.

good selection, im thinking semi headliner myself, but then again i dont know a whole lot about them, ive just heard a few cds

No they have not. Biffle has it with his edit. Only Milwaukee Metalfest once.

Twice, actually. Two years in a row, 2000 and 2001. The only reason they weren't the best band of the fest both years was because Opeth played their first US show there in 2000, and that's when I still loved Opeth, and hadn't grown to love Anathema yet (but their performance sure as hell helped!)

Get Danny Cavanagh's buddy Anneke van Giersbergen over as well, along with Novembre, and an Arcturus reunion, and I'd so be there!

Neil

Twice, actually. Two years in a row, 2000 and 2001. The only reason they weren't the best band of the fest both years was because Opeth played their first US show there in 2000, and that's when I still loved Opeth, and hadn't grown to love Anathema yet (but their performance sure as hell helped!)

Get Danny Cavanagh's buddy Anneke van Giersbergen over as well, along with Novembre, and an Arcturus reunion, and I'd so be there!

Neil

those Danny & Anneke concerts look pretty cool... They are doing a few of them all over europe in the next couple of months..
I wish I could see it!

Do you think they'd go over well? I think if they closed out a night a number of people would leave, or leave early during the set. I didn't realize that there were so many doom fans here.

Glenn picks headliners based on two criteria (from what I have seen). 1) How many CDs have they sold in the US? 2) What is the buzz in the community?

I have a feeling, though these guys are PPUSA worthy, Headlining is a major stretch. a #3 is more realistic.

That definately would be freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!
They played in Brussels last october, but I didn't get the chance to see them... I knew there was a Porcupine Tree gig + support, but I didn't know the support was actually Anathema. So I still hope to see them, one day...

Glenn picks headliners based on two criteria (from what I have seen). 1) How many CDs have they sold in the US? 2) What is the buzz in the community?

I have a feeling, though these guys are PPUSA worthy, Headlining is a major stretch. a #3 is more realistic.

After Forever is against your logic mate