And so it begins...Tickets on Ebay.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Four tickets just went up on Ebay. Please see the "For Sale" thread for details.

Please note that I am only creating a seperate thread as a "heads up" since there have been no other tickets offered to my knowledge.

Glenn H.

I am interested to see how high these 4 tickets will go on eBay. I imagine there are some people willing to pay a lot since it's sold out. It's pretty hard to find 4 tickets as a package as well. :D

Ok, take a look at this....

Ebay sale for 4 tickets:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369548752
Most frequent and current high bidder: "ieatbacon"

Ebay sale for 3 tickets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369947504

Seller: "ieatbacon"

Seems to me that someone is assuming they'll win the auction and planning on selling the 3 tickets they don't need. Not really a big deal, but it *is* unethical to sell something you don't have. Also, the auction for the 3 tickets ends _before_ the 4 tickets. Talk about questionable...

Chrisf

Originally posted by Chrisf
Ok, take a look at this....

Ebay sale for 4 tickets:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369548752
Most frequent and current high bidder: "ieatbacon"

Ebay sale for 3 tickets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369947504

Seller: "ieatbacon"

Seems to me that someone is assuming they'll win the auction and planning on selling the 3 tickets they don't need. Not really a big deal, but it *is* unethical to sell something you don't have. Also, the auction for the 3 tickets ends _before_ the 4 tickets. Talk about questionable...

Chrisf

Actually I need 4 tickets not just 3 and couldnt find just one ticket. If anyone has 1 ticket for sale I can cancel the auction and buy the ticket :) But, I figured sell my 3 and buy the 4 that I need. Dont make assumptions brutha.

Fair enough. The auctions just looked suspicious, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who came to that conclusion, so it might not be a bad idea to point out the real deal publicly.

Hope it works out for ya... the down side of a sellout is that people are turned away, which is kinda a real bummer this time around...

Chrisf

Fair enough. The auctions just looked suspicious, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who came to that conclusion, so it might not be a bad idea to point out the real deal publicly.

Hope it works out for ya... the down side of a sellout is that people are turned away, which is kinda a real bummer this time around...

Chrisf

I guess I really didnt think that people would be suspicious of this... now that I do I will prolly point it out if I feel the need.

Not that it directly affects me, but why did ebay user "ieatbacon", apparantly the same as PP forum user progboy216:

1. post an auction for 3 tickets

2. explain here that he needed 4 total and had 3 to sell

3. bid on the 4 tickets, vigorously, helping to drive up the price

4. retract all bids on the 4 tickets

5. sell his 3 tickets

6. now post an auction with 2 more tickets.

Of course you CAN explain this in some innocent way, but it looks quite suspicous. Either someone's getting tickets through another means, or something very fishy is going on.

Personally, I'd demand some reasoning before I bid on such an auction.... I see someone else has already complained about the bidding up of the price, so it ain't just me noticing.

look at the feedback that "ieatbacon" has on ebay (what little of it there is...)

Selling Blink 182 tickets?
Buying a Weezer album?

Doesn't _seem_ like the type who'd be into this music... I'd pay extra to buy from a Dream Theater nut vs. someone just trying to make a buck.

I hope Math gets good money for his gold badge.... I know he is a fan, and he really does need the money....

Chrisf

look at the feedback that "ieatbacon" has on ebay (what little of it there is...)

Selling Blink 182 tickets?
Buying a Weezer album?

Doesn't _seem_ like the type who'd be into this music... I'd pay extra to buy from a Dream Theater nut vs. someone just trying to make a buck.

I hope Math gets good money for his gold badge.... I know he is a fan, and he really does need the money....

Chrisf

Ok, Ok... so I took my ex-gf to see a Blink 182 concert that she really wanted to see. Green Day played and I like them... is that SO bad (blush)?

As for the cd's... I work in radio promotion and had tons of cds laying around that I have never touched and figured someone might want them so put them up on ebay. Most CD's sold for like $0.50-$2.00