And the Grammy nominees for hard rock and metal are...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hard Rock Performance

Incubus - Megalomaniac
Metallica - Some Kind of Monster
Nickelback - Feelin' Way Too Damn Good
Slipknot - Duality
Velvet Revolver - Slither

Metal Performance

Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine
Hatebreed - Live For This
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Motorhead - Whiplash
Slipknot - Vermilion

In other news, Rush were nominated for Rock Instrumental for "O Baterista", which I'm pretty sure is Neil Peart's drum solo from Rush in Rio... but I'd have to double check that.

Cradle Of Filth... Can you even believe they have been nominated for a Grammy? CRADLE OF FILTH :lol: Awesome.

I reckon Metallica will win the Hard Rock one (FARCE) and Slipknot will finally get the Metal one.

spawn said:
Cradle Of Filth... Can you even believe they have been nominated for a Grammy? CRADLE OF FILTH.
That album, and especially that one song is awesome though! :headbang:

This is the second time Motorhead has been nominated for a Metallica cover. Poor lemmy.

I know, its just unbelievable to think they are nominated for a Grammy. Could you imagine someone saying 10 years ago they would be nominated for a Grammy? They would have been stabbed and had their church burnt down!

It's a nomination for the songs, not the actual band per se. So, a metal band can do a hard rock song and a metal song. Like when Soundgarden won both categories for Black Hole Sun (hard rock)and Spoonman (metal), I think. I laughed when Chris Cornell accepted the award for metal performance and said, "We're not leaving this stage until you can call us a metal band!" or something like that.

Stupid Grammy people. If Slipknot and Metallica broke up they'd probably can the category.

Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue should sue Cradle of Filth for ripping them off.

The female/male interchange on nymphetamine sounds heaps like 'where the wild roses grow'

I remember Cornell's comment. That's exactly what he said. The industry had never referred to Soundgarden as metal until then. They'd always been a "grunge" band, but suddenly, grunge was dead! But all the bands (except Nirvana) were still going, so they had to call them something.

Winmar said:
Nice to see Velvet Revolver there. It'd be even nicer to see them here.
I should be a feckin clairvoyant. Though it was said more in hope than as a prophecy.....