Angel Dust Live

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I recently got to see Angel Dust live for third time this year. The first two times were with Nevermore and Opeth, and this last time was at ProgPower 2.0. I must say, that Angel Dust is easily one of the best live bands I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of shows).

One of the things that impressed me most about them is, when I saw them in NYC they were sharing a bill with God Forbid, Opeth and Nevermore. All three bands are significantly heavier then AD. And the fans that were there were there to see hear really aggressive music. When AD took the stage, the buzz was, "Who is Angel Dust?" By the third song, the whole crowd was totally into them.

When I saw them at ProgPower, they were the 3rd band to go on. The first two bands were exceptionally boring, so the crowd was fairly primed to see AD. And they did not disappoint. The crowd was insane throughout their entire set. However, the crowd reached a frenzied pitch during "Bleed" and "Cross of Hatred".

Regardless of whether the crowd is looking forward to their performance, or has no idea who they are, these guys kick ass!

GZ

P.S. - at each of the Angel Dust shows I have been to, I have had a chance to meet, and talk with everyone in the band. They are extremely accessible, and extremely friendly. Dirk and Richie are especially cool guys.

Why you gotta dog Nightingale?

Don't get me wrong, they weren't the most exciting band to watch, but they were nowhere near as bad as BoP. (to my ears) Eh, it's all good.

But I do have to agree with you, Angel Dust blew the place up and I'm really hoping they get to make another treck through the states soon.

/h

NP: The Tea Party - The Interzone Mantras