Angra and Tarja?

Rock In Rio is coming back to Rio this year (LOL). The folks behind the event realize that last time it took place in Brazil, the busiest night was the Hard Rock/Metal night (where Maiden recorded their RiR live DVD). So for that reason, they wanted to bring some big names, including the two biggest names in Brazilian Metal: ANGRA and SEPULTURA.

Kiko Loureiro (Angra's guitarist) has toured with Tarja's solo band before. The band had approached her in the past to sing on Temple of Shadows (instead of Sabine from Edenbridge) but it didn't work out. The connection has been there for a while, so they decided to invite her to join them on stage at Rock In Rio. It'll be a huge show for sure.

Another example of the Angra-Tarja connection:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSXiGHNR3Q&feature=related[/ame]

(featuring Kiko Loureiro and Edu Falaschi)

Rock In Rio is coming back to Rio this year (LOL). The folks behind the event realize that last time it took place in Brazil, the busiest night was the Hard Rock/Metal night (where Maiden recorded their RiR live DVD). So for that reason, they wanted to bring some big names, including the two biggest names in Brazilian Metal: ANGRA and SEPULTURA.

Kiko Loureiro (Angra's guitarist) has toured with Tarja's solo band before. The band had approached her in the past to sing on Temple of Shadows (instead of Sabine from Edenbridge) but it didn't work out. The connection has been there for a while, so they decided to invite her to join them on stage at Rock In Rio. It'll be a huge show for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSXiGHNR3Q&feature=related

They are doing a whole bunch of special "Jams" this year, it's pretty cool... Some pretty cool stuff. It involves, mostly, Brazilian artists... Some international people taking part on those Jams are Tarja, Mike Patton, Esperanza Spalding, members of Destruction, Dead Kennedys, Misfits and Exodus (All jaming with Korzus)...

Milton: actually, the metal night had the second lowest attendance of the fest in 2001... The biggest crowd was on the night The Red Hot Chilli Peppers headlined, 250 thousand tickets sold. The metal night, headlined by Iron Maiden, "only" drew 150 thousand people.

The promoters proved to be a bunch of prejudicial motherfuckers... The limited the amount of tickets sold on the Metal night, as they feared riots and violence... They were dead wrong. That night was BY FAR the most peaceful of the entire festival... Very few incidents, fights, etc.

The show was sold out, but they cut the capacity by 100 thousand people...

They are doing a whole bunch of special "Jams" this year, it's pretty cool... Some pretty cool stuff. It involves, mostly, Brazilian artists... Some international people taking part on those Jams are Tarja, Mike Patton, Esperanza Spalding, members of Destruction, Dead Kennedys, Misfits and Exodus (All jaming with Korzus)...

Milton: actually, the metal night had the second lowest attendance of the fest in 2001... The biggest crowd was on the night The Red Hot Chilli Peppers headlined, 250 thousand tickets sold. The metal night, headlined by Iron Maiden, "only" drew 150 thousand people.

The promoters proved to be a bunch of prejudicial motherfuckers... The limited the amount of tickets sold on the Metal night, as they feared riots and violence... They were dead wrong. That night was BY FAR the most peaceful of the entire festival... Very few incidents, fights, etc.

The show was sold out, but they cut the capacity by 100 thousand people...

Wow, I had no idea that the metal night was actually one of the slowest... I was under the impression it was the busiest (or one of them), but solely based on the fact that it was a sellout. Didn't know the number of tickets were reduced because of the evil headbangers... :lol:

Love the "only drew 150 thousand people". :lol: Wacken who?

By the way, Lucas, TIMAO EO!

Edu is badass in this video! I still bitch from time to time about Matos leaving Angra, but Edu has done a pretty solid job at replacing him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSXiGHNR3Q&feature=related

Thanks for the info man. Sorry it took me so long to reply.. I never get alerts from the website, and on top of that I had a tech meltdown.. both of my hard drives died at the same time, and simultaneously "upgraded" to the HTC Thunderbolt from my trusty Droid X, and was without phone or data for a week or more. I was apparently one of those included within the nationwide problem they had with some phones going from a 3g to a 4g device. It sucked. But I appreciate the reply as I've wanted to see a collaboration between Angra (Matos) and Tarja for a long time, but this is..good too with post Matos Angra.. Just seems appropriate as they're kinda classy, which I guess comes from their shared focus on classical and formal influences. Edu actually did a good job.