Angra Reaching Horizons demo

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Hey guys,

When I went to Dallas I actually found this and bought it. I've been looking for this for four years and I was ecstatic. But, the thing is, it's a brand new cd and there are many skips, dropouts, fluctuations and in Carry On there's a "ticktickticktickticktick" through the intro and in the solo. I dont know what the ass is with this, if its a manufacturers defect then wow, just my luck. If ANYONE out there can find this please please email me, I'll pay you back, (hopefully its 30 or less) I am so distraught I was uber happy now Im just pissed and sad.

Thank you

Ben

I have it! If you want, I can make you a copy... No flaws at all...

The orginal version is getting harder and harder to find...

Someone pressed this new version of it and it is horrible! I've never heard it, but I've seen a lot of people complaining...

Hey man, thanks for the offer, but not to sound like an ungrateful person I'm looking for an original, I love Angra, I even made my own Rebirth back patch for my denim jacket, hell I'll post a pic here in a sec. If you can find another real copy I'll forever be grateful.

BTW yes my version has three "bonus" tracks, Carry On with alt lyrics, Dont Despair and Wuthering Heights Speed version and theres liner notes inside as well. What problems have you heard of this pressing, are they similar to my copy, like did they all get pressed messed up like that? Im curious.

Thanks man

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Hey man, thanks for the offer, but not to sound like an ungrateful person I'm looking for an original, I love Angra, I even made my own Rebirth back patch for my denim jacket, hell I'll post a pic here in a sec. If you can find another real copy I'll forever be grateful.

BTW yes my version has three "bonus" tracks, Carry On with alt lyrics, Dont Despair and Wuthering Heights Speed version and theres liner notes inside as well. What problems have you heard of this pressing, are they similar to my copy, like did they all get pressed messed up like that? Im curious.

Thanks man

Ben
Wow! That's what I call being a BIG FAN of a band. Angra is great, but I would definitely not pay for that demo (have heard it). It would just lay around anyway because if I want to listen to Angra I would just play Rebirth, Holy Land or Angels Cry.

Well, my version also has the 3 bonus tracks.. There are no original CD versions! The original demo tape was only on tape.. The "orginal" CD is the first bootleg they made out of it....

The tape is ridiculously hard to get... the "original CD" is hard too..
It's just like the CD you have (I've never seen the booklet, though)... Same tracks, but it doesn't have any of the problems you mentioned...

Yeah, I think this version you got is the Mexican one.. At least all the other people I know who got this screwed up version had the mexican one (I don't know how they know it's mexican) LOL

I recently heard of a version with an eight page booklet!! lol
I have no clue what's that about....

Just look at my nickname... I got the one with the eight page booklet, and it's too good to be the original... lol ... Who knows... I got mine through EBAY, I paid good 7 bucks for it! Totally worth it, Angra's my favorite band and I needed to get that! I can make a copy if someone wants it...

sorry to be off topic a little, but myself is a big Angra fan and have been looking for "Carolina IV - Baptism Of Fire" this bootleg for many years. Can anyone can tell me where I can buy this one? Thank you very much!

sc said:
sorry to be off topic a little, but myself is a big Angra fan and have been looking for "Carolina IV - Baptism Of Fire" this bootleg for many years. Can anyone can tell me where I can buy this one? Thank you very much!
Yay! I was at that show and have one of the original bootlegs - though the booklet has been damaged over time.

The guy who produced it is now back living in Russia. It was a limited run of 150 or something - not sure whether he sold the entire run. If you drop me a mail, I may be able to put you in touch with him.

Angrafan said:
The tape is ridiculously hard to get... the "original CD" is hard too..
It's just like the CD you have (I've never seen the booklet, though)... Same tracks, but it doesn't have any of the problems you mentioned...
oooh is it that hard - I thought it was produced via the fanclub - I've had a copy for years. Not that I've played it much, since I haven't had a working cassette player for a few years :)

chazzyf said:
oooh is it that hard - I thought it was produced via the fanclub - I've had a copy for years. Not that I've played it much, since I haven't had a working cassette player for a few years :)
Really? That's cool.. I've seen people paying big bucks for this... eheh