Animal fronted metal bands...anyone hear these? interesting

DeathRattle12

Jan 16, 2009
i didn't know there were a such thing, i found this very interesting, theres a band named Caninus that uses pitt-bulls for vocals and a group called Hatebeak that uses birds. I have to be honest i thought it was ridiculous concept but they are worth giving a listen just to see what they're like. Caninus wasn't too bad, not all that impressive with the riffs, but Hatebeak were actually somewhat decent.

They are both just using a gimmick (yep V5, I'll even call this one a gimmick) to hide bad music.

yeah i kind of figured that, i mean they started as jokes for godsakes, but i just hadn't heard of anything like that, I didn't mind the one with the birds, but thats just because i enjoy different things, if its odd or just not heard from much, i'll probably like it.

fair enough, don't get me wrong, i never said i was going to go all out and buy all of the animal albums, i just found it interesting, don't really understand why they'd do that though, if they actually had a lyrics book in the cd artwork, THAT would be extremely stupid

The band Equilibrium has a pig doing guest vocals on the chorus for their song 'Met'.

Borknagar has some guest monkeys for a track on their first album.