Anime Music

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
For those of you who watch anime, have you noticed that the music from the soundtracks is nearly always simply amazing? Listening to anime music has opened my eyes to the fun wonders of j-pop. But there is a lot more.

The is some really amazing music out there of all genres.

And for some reason, it is all concerntrated in anime music.

A few anime series to take note of are: Trigun, noir, Geneshaft, Escaflowne, Lain, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, FLCL,and Cowboy Bebop.

Right there is some amazing alternative rock, metal, classical, jazz and god knows what else.

Often anime producers seem to get famous japanese guitarists and musicians to work on the soundtracks, Like Tsuneo Imahori (Trigun, great guitarist), Akira Takasaki (Geneshaft, prog guitarist), Joe Hisaishi (Princess Mononoke (Composer)).

There's a lot of great stuff out there, try some..

I just find it strange how regardless of the genre, the music often featured in anime is the best I've ever heard...

I assume you've seen most of the anime who's soundtracks your refering to?

Anyways, I've never actually listened to J-pop before, assuming it was just like Japanese Britney Spears. Looks like I may be wrong by what your saying.

Oh and as far as anime music goes, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's all good. I'd be more inclined to say that it covers the highs and lows of the musical scale. The intro theme to the Ruroni Kenshin (Samurai X for some of you American Yupies) TV series would be up there amongst the worst music I've heard of any kind, ever. (Yes this includes both Rap music AND country). The Opening theme for Serial Experiments lain on the other hand, is just plain brilliant. The rest of it seems to be 'above average' but not brilliant........

Nearly forgot, Cowboy Bebop is on par with Lain musically as well as for the rest........

I like the ruoroni opening theme because of the way it sounds. It sounds cheeky, and down crappily almost on purpose. It reflects well the feeling of the beginning of the series. Just think about that song, then think about Kenshin going "Oro oro oro". It fits!

I don't know what the series is like later, but jusging by the Samurai X prequels which I watched first, I assume the series is gonna nuts serious.

Upto episode twenty something at the moment. And I can't wait to watch more.

I've watched all the above mentioned anime and much more.

And J-pop. I don't know what iot is, I don't understand it. But I love J-pop. J-pop is generally better quality music than western pop. The only J-Pop I don't like is the stuff that is similar to western pop. I just love the cutesy pop (morning musume)(sp?), or weird gothic pop, or punk (the pillow), or sexy and alternative pop (Kyoko Fukada) and just the generic fucking sexy voice of the japanese female..

The opening them to Kare Kano (His and her circumstances) is just amazing, the sweetest voice ever...

I'm listening to some death right now.. iot is good.

Yeah, american cartoons are sooo much better, like Batman, and Super man, and X-Men.

Shut up, you don't know what you are talking about.

You were probably watching Dubs, where crap american actors try to translate various sounds of the japanese language.

Watch subs..

and watch anime. and shut up.

What the hell? that was posted twice..

Oh well..

Well, I know what you mean, i think, but you are not describing it very well.

and anyway, anime girls are just hot..

Anyway, that's just the way japanese speak, and I love japanese, I love it when the girls talk in high pitched cutesy voices, I like the way they show surprise or confusion or anything.

Anyway, im obsessed about japan. It's music, people and culture.

anyway could I say anyway any more frequently anyway?

anyway, I just don't like how anime "works". I've actually tried to like it and I don't. I watched one where this guy had a rod, and he could control all the electronics with his mind, and he jumped around doing stuff (I don't remember it very well obviously) and it was kind of interesting, but I still like x-men better. I don't really care for Japanese culture either :p

Anime like everything else in this world has the smooth potato, and the lumpy potato.

There is a lot of terribly anime out there. A lot of the 80's mecha clones are just plain boring.

But the good anime is dman good.

Lain for example, on one end of the spectrum is a very abstract visual, and sometimes confusing work of art, it is complex and difficult to understand and very stimulating.

Cowboy Bebop is a multileveled series with a seemingly simple plot but has something deeper, the overall effect and feel of the series is unique, the music, the cultures that have been created, and the characters.

Others are really funny, but then towards the end the series build up tio a heart wrenching climax making for very powerful viewing, like Trigun for example, or Neon Genesis even.

Then their is lighter anime, like comedy or romances, like Love Hina, Sakura Dairies.

Then childrens anime, cutesy and simple perfect for an 8 year old, and great for mature people too, Like Card Captor Sakura, or Angelic Layer.

Then there is the weird, crazy anime, like Digi Charat.

Then there is Ecchi and Hentai, which I love.

In most cases, the stories and characters are designed better than anything I see on western T.v and the movies. The music is better, the emotion is stronger, the stories are more interesting and compelling, or interesting or downright confusing.

I love the animation style, the way they draw, it can be so cute, or it can be dark, it can be happy or violent and disturbing. It m,akes me cry, or vomit from laughing, and inspires me.

I just haven't seen this in any american cartoons.

Aeon Flux and similar cartoons might come close, with the complex adult style, but the americans just can't seem to copy it, and when they try and help to produce anime, it often ends in disaster, like Blood: The Last Vampire, or Final Fantasy even..

There we go, I tried to make a more legitement aguement.

It's good that you seem to have an open mind though Oyo, and if you get a chance, (I know how difficult it can be to get access to anime) please try watching some of the above mentioned series.

What have you actually seen?

Originally posted by Oyo
anyway, I just don't like how anime "works". I've actually tried to like it and I don't. I watched one where this guy had a rod, and he could control all the electronics with his mind, and he jumped around doing stuff (I don't remember it very well obviously) and it was kind of interesting, but I still like x-men better. I don't really care for Japanese culture either :p

Ah! the guy with the rod.. Um, I've seen it to.. it was.. crap.

Hence I can't remember what it was called either.

Is there anyone here more qualified than me to assist me with this arguement??

:lol: