Anita Mui RIP

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20031230/en_afp/lifestyle_hongkong_music_031230020033

I don't know if this affects any of you (well maybe Dora) but I had to pay my respects to this actress who unfortunately just passed away. I was a huge fan of Heroic Trio as a youngster (altho I preferred Maggie Cheungs character, heh) and Mui had a dead funny role in Drunken Master 2, not to mention more dramatic and romantic one in Better Tomorrow 3 (which I also liked dispite its bad rep).

It's sad she had to leave at such young age.

Crack Hitler said:
not to mention more dramatic and romantic one in Better Tomorrow 3 (which I also liked dispite its bad rep).

I didnt know that there was a better tomorrow 3. Is it dirtected by John Woo? Is Chow Yun Fat in it?

best said:
I didnt know that there was a better tomorrow 3. Is it dirtected by John Woo? Is Chow Yun Fat in it?
Better Tomorrow 3 is actually a prequel to the first one, taking place during Vietnam war. It isn't directed by Woo but Tsui Hark (who also produced the first two) and yes, Chow Yun Fat is in it :) There's two versions of the movie with some differences, I've the longer cut on dvd but the quality ain't too excellent, pity.

Crack Hitler said:
Better Tomorrow 3 is actually a prequel to the first one, taking place during Vietnam war. It isn't directed by Woo but Tsui Hark (who also produced the first two) and yes, Chow Yun Fat is in it :) There's two versions of the movie with some differences, I've the longer cut on dvd but the quality ain't too excellent, pity.
thanx for the answer, i have heard that Tsui Hark and John Woo broke up after A Better Tomorrow 2. Have you seen the hollywood film Chow Yun Fat plays that John Woo produced? Is it a good film? It is supposed to be about a monk but i cant remember the name.

@ best

If you're talking about that Bulletproof Monk, no, I haven't seen it. I didn't even remember it was produced by Woo. then again there was that stinkin pile of turd called Replacement Killers which was marketed with Woo's name, god awful flashy hollywood-action. bleh.

nooooooo I love that movie!!! Its hollywood shit, I admit, but it rocks! Its good action flick, some jokes, some guns and that and cool music (crystal method eg).. CYF is cool in it.
But bulletproof monk -CYF is not cool in it but fat- is plain stupid, just as chans tuxedo and medallion and all these kid-retard-movies..

But Replacement Killers lacked something vital for action movies. Good action scenes, eh. It was just full of hollow gunblasting, nothing to get excited about. Can't remember much about it's soundtrack since it's been years but I still remember the huge feeling of dissapointment, like I was sinking, haha.