Annihilator kicks Ass

Herry

Human Insecticide
Nov 3, 2003
Netherlands
www.batter.tk
Those guy's and then especially Jeff Waters who is the mastermind behind Annihilator are kicking ass, almost every oldschool thrash-band were doing something not so old-school anymore when they grey older, hahah en Annihilator did...That guy Jeff is way to (how do you say it..?) undervalued... :yuk:

Herry said:
Those guy's and then especially Jeff Waters who is the mastermind behind Annihilator are kicking ass, almost every oldschool thrash-band were doing something not so old-school anymore when they grey older, hahah en Annihilator did...That guy Jeff is way to (how do you say it..?) undervalued... !:yuk:
I think that Waters is a talent. I don't understand what the deal is with him & his inability to keep band members.
It seem like everyother record he has a new singer. He's almost like the Yngwie of Metal. I think the lack of stability within the band has "hurt" his chances at getting any credibility. I think the last straw was when he "canned" the last singer... Carnival Diablos was great. By the time I heard about the "firing" of the singer I didn't even bother with the last record.

Annihilator do so rock one of my favorites but I think you already know that Herry ;)
:wave::kickass:

I've always understood ppl's hesitation with Annihilator and Jeff inperticular. The member changes have truely hurt this band from making it bigger. There is no reason they can't be as big as Overkill other than for what has already been mentioned. One just has to accept that Annihilator is an ever changing band, and maybe that is want keeps each album different to the next.

sixxswine don't completely discard Annihilator's next CD, they do have a new young singer who may add some freshness to this band. And from what I've heard of the new guy (Dave Padden) he is pretty awesome. Jeff has said that this new album will kicking ass, and claims it to be "classic" and there won't be any "lazyness" on Jeffs part.

Hey Weapon (schizo) X, hanging around?? :)

well if you check the history okay there are alot of line-up changes an blabla...
but everytime Jeff W. makes sure he gets what he want from his band.
And like Weapon x mentioned, you (sixwine) really got too check the upcoming album when its there!!! it's gonna rock like ...

Herry said:
Hey Weapon (schizo) X, hanging around?? :)

well if you check the history okay there are alot of line-up changes an blabla...
but everytime Jeff W. makes sure he gets what he want from his band.
And like Weapon x mentioned, you (sixwine) really got too check the upcoming album when its there!!! it's gonna rock like ...
I might check out their next record. I mean it can't be bad. My only complaint is the fact that there's no stability in the band... It's got the feel of a side project...

bring back randy rampage!shit,only kidding,but i agree that the constant line up changes havnt helped.jeff waters still rocks though,he's one of my faves,his style is just awsome.the band definatly needed more consistancy though.

sixxswine said:
I think that Waters is a talent. I don't understand what the deal is with him & his inability to keep band members.
I chalk it up to the creative human mind. Most *truly* gifted individuals have some serious character flaw(s) somewhere..

sixxswine said:
I think the lack of stability within the band has "hurt" his chances at getting any credibility.
I tend to disagree. I think the continuity in the band's sound far outweighs the vocal changes. Certainly, there is some difference between the albums, but I still think they all sound definitiely Annihilatoresque.

sixxswine said:
I think the last straw was when he "canned" the last singer... Carnival Diablos was great. By the time I heard about the "firing" of the singer I didn't even bother with the last record.
Well, the double live album that came out earlier this year is actually *VERY* good. It gives you an opportunity to hear Joe sing lots of classic stuff, and you get to hear the newer tunes (from WAKING THE FURY) with good rhythm guitar tone (as opposed to that crappy sound that was on the studio release).

BTW, if you haven't checked out the animations (very Monty Python-esque) that they did leading up to WAKING THE FURY, you're really missing a treat. They're somewhere at the annihilatormetal.com site..