Annihilator

putihsom

Judge, Jury, Executioner
Sep 6, 2007
Hamburg City
Hey Folks,

I know there is a lot going on with Anthrax and I am quite excited about all that, but still I want to share what else is going on. Just came back from the Annihilator gig here in Hamburg, I am quite drunk and it was fucking great! They played a club with about 500 capacity, which was packed with people and they did a fine show of newer and classic songs. They played "Phoenix Rising" and "Sounds Good To Me", which was great, and showed that David Padden is a Hell of a vocalist for Annihilator. They did "Fun Palace", "King Of The Kill", "Phantasmagoria", "Ultra Motion", "Hell is a war", "Clown Parade", "W.T.Y.D.", "Set the world on fire" and some new songs, do not have the new album yet. Last song was - of course - Alison Hell.

During the gig, I was thinking about the first time I saw them, supporting Priest on the Painkiler Tour about 20 years ago. Hell of a package with Priest, Annihilator and Pantera. I am still of the opinion, that Jeff Waters showed us with Alison Hell, where Metal could have developed, if all that I-Am-A-Depressive-Teenager-From Seattle-With-A-Serious-Drug-Problem-Thing had never happened. But the times they where a changing, so what. Today, Thrash is back, the gig was great, in March we will see Killfest 2011 with Overkill, Destruction and Heathen and hopefully there will be an Anthrax Album somewhere in the future and maybe a tour in germany or at least Anthrax in Wacken 2011 - u o us 1...!

Sorry for my english, I am drunk and excited. Cheers,

Putihsom

yeah dude, annihlator is rad!

padden is really talented to keep up on the guitar with waters and to still perform as a solid singer. waters has always said that annihilator has a huge following in germany. pretty sure that his girlfriend/wife is german as well. in any how, glad you had a good time. i only have their first two releases on cassette tape (shows how old i am). i don't like all of their material, but i still like them as a band and for putting out great riffs and solos. totally unsung and under-appreciated band. cheers to all annihilator fans.

saw Annihilator co-headlining with Overkill in 2000, Randy Rampage tried a stage dive and unfortunately landed on the floor:lol:, after the tour Annihilator stole Overkill's guitar-player Joe Comeau and made him their singer.

saw Annihilator co-headlining with Overkill in 2000

I saw them on that tour too and they kicked everyone's ass. I talked to Jeff Waters after the show - he was very, very cool, unlike Blitz from Overkill, who was being a total dick.

I loved Annihilator in the early 90s and was a fan of their first 2 records AIH and N,N. Just lost touch with what they were doing after that.

I saw them on that tour too and they kicked everyone's ass. I talked to Jeff Waters after the show - he was very, very cool, unlike Blitz from Overkill, who was being a total dick.
the funny thing about Overkill is i saw them 2 times and both times Blitz was the first person i saw when i arrived at the venue, the first time he was sitting on a table with 2 girls chatting and eating pizza & the 2nd time he was talking to someone (his wife?) on his mobile phone outside the venue. what i know about him is that he is soo close to his fans so i'm a bit surprised about him being a dick. the same with Nuclear Assault, saw them 2 times and both times Danny Lilker was the first person i saw when arriving at the venue, that's Underground.

this is a timeless classic, the subject matter is as current as in 1989

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Blitz has one of those personalities that either you get or you don't. I have seen Overkill many times also and I too have seen Blitz out and about with the fans. I thought he was a great guy, and funny. Glad to see he didn't quite the scene after his incident

Nuclear Assault is another very fan friendly band. Saw them back in the day and had a chance to do shots with John Connolly. Really good guy but for some reason didnt want to discuss his time in Anthrax.

Let's go to the Vatican, get him out of bed
Put the noose around his neck and hang him till he's dead
Hang the Pope hang the Pope hang the Pope

I think Blitz has one of those personalities that either you get or you don't. I have seen Overkill many times also and I too have seen Blitz out and about with the fans. I thought he was a great guy, and funny. Glad to see he didn't quite the scene after his incident

He might have just had a bad day, he was pretty arrogant towards people.

Surprising. I always thought Blitz was one of the more down to earth guys in metal. Like you said, must've just been having a shitty day.

I think so, too. When they presented the Immortalis CD back in 2007 at the Ballroom here in Hamburg, they seemed to be very down to earth, especially Bobby Blitz. He had a talk and a lot of pics taken with many happy Metalheads. And at the bar he waited patiently in line to get his beer, no "dickness" at all.

I am really looking forward to the Killfest 2011!