Announcement - and new samples online

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
"Frontiers Records is excited to announce the release of the newest addition to its roster of Artists. Ladies and Gentlemen, from Finland, please welcome Cain's Offering debut album Gather the Faithful to be released on August 28 in Europe and September 11 in the USA.

The band is the new artistic creation of Jani Liimatainen, the guitarist/songwriter formerly of Sonata Arctica and Altaria. In 2007 Jani parted ways with Finnish Power Metal act Sonata Arctica, a band he has contributed to found in 1996 and to which he devoted his full time and energy for more than 10 years.

Following his departure from one of Finland's biggest music exports in recent years, all eyes were set upon his newest creation: Cain's Offering. “After parting ways with Sonata Arctica, I took "a leave of absence" from the metal circles, feeling that I had not much to offer at the time and that I needed a break to charge my batteries” states Liimatainen. “After a year or so the hunger to play metal returned with a vengeance, and so I decided to put together a new group of my own. I gave a call to a few friends, and voila: Cain's Offering! Cain's Offering is a collaboration of a world-class musicians and one of the best singers in the world of Heavy Metal. All of these guys are handpicked from the very best the Finnish metal scene has to offer and I'm very proud to have them join me in this band”.

Joining Jani in his quest for world domination - or rapid success, whichever comes first - are vocalist Timo Kotipelto (Stratovarius, Kotipelto), keyboardist Mikko Harkin (Solution.45, Mehida, ex-Sonata Arctica, ex-Wingdom, ex-Kenziner), bassist Jukka Koskinen (Norther, Wintersun) and drummer Jani "Hurtsi" Hurula (Paul Di'Anno).

Drawing its musical influence from both the classic Hard Rock scene, the fast-paced European Power Metal and a very modern Heavy Metal sound, Cain's Offering is, just as expected, a perfect example of today's living and breathing Finnish music scene. “To me Cain's Offering is a perfect combination of the things I value in music: beautiful melodies, emotions, top-notch musicianship and some kick-ass Metal! Basically it represents music as I like to hear it; every element is in its rightful place. I feel that what we came up with has all the traditional values, that so many metal-heads, myself included, hold so dear, but with a fresh new twist to it” says Jani. “Lyrically the songs deal with very basic, almost primal emotions and subjects most people will be able to relate to … and … there are absolutely no dragons allowed ”

So, this is a tour-de-force of who's-who in the Finnish heavy metal scene, and yes, this does sound like a wet dream come through for all fans of melodic metal. And guess what - the product exceeds all expectations! With the debut album, "Gather The Faithful", ready for a summer 2009 release, Cain's Offering waste no time, and backed up by such a strong record label as Frontiers Records and their management Intromental, there's no doubt that 2009 will be the year where the Finnish metal scene finds a new hot exponent."

Samples to 4 of the songs can be found at the official homepage:
www.cainsoffering.com

Enjoy,
c.

Yeah!!!! this samples are really great, i can't wait to hear the entire CD.
The melodies blow my head away, good job to the guys of Cain's Offering!!

:headbang::kickass:

I am THRILLED to finally listen to some samples!! :lol:
And I'm so happy to say that every one of them reflects what I expected from this brilliant band. :) Of course, this is just the beginning... I'm sure there is much much more to come, and I am waiting in agony for the album to come out! It's going to be great!!

My Queen of Winter is especially gorgeous...
And just listening to Into the Blue brought tears... It sounds very touching and emotional.

Anyway, CAIN'S OFFERING is amazing.

I'm so happy that Jani took his riffs from his demonstration videos into more than just friends. They deserved to be in full songs. Just waiting on the album now.

By the way, I'm just wondering if there was a specific reason for the release date to be Sep.11 for North America.

By the way, I'm just wondering if there was a specific reason for the release date to be Sep.11 for North America.

I highly doubt that. I mean, if we start looking throughout history something terrible has happened at some point at some place on every single day of the year. That doesn't mean good - sorry, great - things can't ever happen on those days as well. :)

I'm so happy that Jani took his riffs from his demonstration videos into more than just friends.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this :)

I love all the samples, especially Into The Blue. The lyrics are so powerful and tell such a story that "powerful" isnt enough to describe it. Dawn Of Solace, the writing amazes me (As usual with anything Jani writes :worship:) and the melody is spectacular. My Queen Of Winter is absolutely beautiful. As Talven Lapsi said, the band is just amazing. :kickass:

Sounds really nice, but im not gonna comment more untill I hear the full versions :)

Rock the Metal! \,,/