Another Anthrax guitarist joins Volbeat...

wow Volbeat is awful. But that video has more stage presence from Rob than his 10 years in Anthrax combined.

Volbeat is just okay. Their singer sounds like a young Keith Caputo. But I don't see what the big fkn deal about this band is. And I think it's pretty lame that they covered a song that's still pretty new. When I first heard Volbeat's version of My Body, I thought it was a cool song and then I later learned that it was originally recorded by an American indie type band that gets a ton of radio airplay here stateside only a couple years back. WTF? And then their first single off their latest LP music-wise sounds like early 90's Van Hagar music when other instrumentation were introduced. And then the vocals start.... I don't even know where to begin with that.

I saw this earlier, good to see they're still friends. I agree, in this video Rob shows more stage presence than all of his years in Anthrax combined. I used to really like Volbeat and this is my favorite song. I still think the first two albums are great, but now they've just gotten too poppy and boring to me. It's a shame, they had something original and gave it away to play the big stages at festivals. That's the way it goes I guess... :cry:

I saw this earlier, good to see they're still friends. I agree, in this video Rob shows more stage presence than all of his years in Anthrax combined. I used to really like Volbeat and this is my favorite song. I still think the first two albums are great, but now they've just gotten too poppy and boring to me. It's a shame, they had something original and gave it away to play the big stages at festivals. That's the way it goes I guess... :cry:
Yeah and I'm sure the big stages are what made Rob jump ship, oh well to each his own.

Scott is just trying to steal some fans to come watch Anthrax play the only songs they know how to play next time they are around

A set 15 years ago:

Blues Brothers Intro
Crush
Fueled
Room for One More
Inside Out
Among the Living / I'm the Man / A.I.R. / Caught in a Mosh
Big Fat
(Last known live performance)
Got the Time
(Joe Jackson cover)
Toast to the Extras
(again, with a fan on vocals)
Hy Pro Glo
Indians
Only
Black Lodge
Antisocial
(Trust cover)
Black Sabbath
(Black Sabbath cover) (partial)
Startin' Up a Posse
Bring the Noise / Cupajoe
(Bring The Noise with a fan on vocals)

A set in 2013:

Worship
Among the Living
Caught in a Mosh
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't
March of the S.O.D.
(Stormtroopers of Death cover)
Hymn 1
In the End
T.N.T.
(AC/DC cover)
Indians
Medusa
Got the Time
(Joe Jackson cover)
I Am the Law
Encore:
I'm the Man / Raining Blood
Madhouse
Antisocial
(Trust cover)

BOOM!

We all know the same songs they always play. Slice it dice it, mince it and its still the same ATL Songs along with Got the time and Antisocial

A set 15 years ago:

Blues Brothers Intro
Crush
Fueled
Room for One More
Inside Out
Among the Living / I'm the Man / A.I.R. / Caught in a Mosh
Big Fat
(Last known live performance)
Got the Time
(Joe Jackson cover)
Toast to the Extras
(again, with a fan on vocals)
Hy Pro Glo
Indians
Only
Black Lodge
Antisocial
(Trust cover)
Black Sabbath
(Black Sabbath cover) (partial)
Startin' Up a Posse
Bring the Noise / Cupajoe
(Bring The Noise with a fan on vocals)

Tha'ts a pretty awesome set. I got to scream into the microphone on stage during Hy Pro Glo during a setlist very similar to that a show in Lorain, OH.