Another Cool bands

Originally posted by Grom Hellscream
Wolverine - where do they come from? Do you think that I should love them, if I love Symphony X?

Hello Hellscream (if that is your real name ;))!

We come from Sweden. The northern part of Sweden even :D.
If you will love us because you love Symphony X is a more difficult question... All I can say is that most of us in the band enjoy a good Symphony X song now and then :).

Download some songs from our homepage and find out what you think.

T+T

//Bagge - Wolverine

WOLVERINE
Progressive Metal From Sweden

New album: "Cold Light Of Monday"
out spring 2003 on Elitist Records

Out now: "The Window Purpose"
on DVS Records
In the US: The End Records

wolverine_window.jpg

www.wolverine-overdose.com

I too would second the suggestion of Wolverine! They're a lot different than Symphony X, though still progressive metal. (That's the great thing about progmetal... it's such a broad and diverse genre)...

"The Window Purpose" is one of my favorite albums of 2001 and one of my favorites ever... they have a dark sound... I would call them a cross of Pain of Salvation, Evergrey and maybe a little Opeth... but certainly with their own uniqueness... definately one of the hottest new bands in prog-metal... they have a bit of harsh/death vocals... and if you are sensitive to this type of vocal (like I am), I would urge you to keep an open mind... because it really pays off... it really helps to accentuate the moments of discord and provides power... Stefan Zell's clean vocals are absolutely beautiful... what an expressive and versatile vocalist... and we cannot forget about those keyboards... unique, dark and heavy keyboards... "The Window Purpose" is a dark concept record... almost disturbingly dark... yet beautiful and passionate. This is why Wolverine is one of my favorite bands. (If you haven't noticed... they have a very dark sound... but almost moments of light)

"Nothing wrong in being scared..."

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
I too would second the suggestion of Wolverine! They're a lot different than Symphony X, though still progressive metal. (That's the great thing about progmetal... it's such a broad and diverse genre)...

"The Window Purpose" is one of my favorite albums of 2001 and one of my favorites ever... they have a dark sound... I would call them a cross of Pain of Salvation, Evergrey and maybe a little Opeth... but certainly with their own uniqueness... definately one of the hottest new bands in prog-metal... they have a bit of harsh/death vocals... and if you are sensitive to this type of vocal (like I am), I would urge you to keep an open mind... because it really pays off... it really helps to accentuate the moments of discord and provides power... Stefan Zell's clean vocals are absolutely beautiful... what an expressive and versatile vocalist... and we cannot forget about those keyboards... unique, dark and heavy keyboards... "The Window Purpose" is a dark concept record... almost disturbingly dark... yet beautiful and passionate. This is why Wolverine is one of my favorite bands. (If you haven't noticed... they have a very dark sound... but almost moments of light)

"Nothing wrong in being scared..."

If you like "the dark side" of Wolverine then you should definitely check out our next release. It's really dark :cool:. Much more of a 70's vibe and a lot less grunt vocals.

Originally posted by Unsumed
If you like "the dark side" of Wolverine then you should definitely check out our next release. It's really dark :cool:. Much more of a 70's vibe and a lot less grunt vocals.

Cool! I really like the 70's vibe you have going in your keyboards and organs!

the growls are completely unneccessary for Wolverine IMO...they ad nothing to the music...because it's not really aggresive enough to warrant the use of a death growl.

their sound is already unique and specifically "Wolverine" with or without growls.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
Cool! I really like the 70's vibe you have going in your keyboards and organs!

Thanks! There will be a whole lot more of that on this album and a lot less "digital" strings and stuff.

Originally posted by Demonspell
Less growls and darker than the previous album...this has me excited...

And we're very excited about the album as well :).

Originally posted by azal
the growls are completely unneccessary for Wolverine IMO...they ad nothing to the music...because it's not really aggresive enough to warrant the use of a death growl.

their sound is already unique and specifically "Wolverine" with or without growls.

We have made it a point never to use growling unless it is called for. And on this album, they weren't ... Except on a couple of songs :p. But this time they will be more experimental.

Originally posted by Unsumed
Hello Hellscream (if that is your real name ;))!

We come from Sweden. The northern part of Sweden even :D.
If you will love us because you love Symphony X is a more difficult question... All I can say is that most of us in the band enjoy a good Symphony X song now and then :).

Download some songs from our homepage and find out what you think.

T+T

//Bagge - Wolverine

WOLVERINE
Progressive Metal From Sweden

New album: "Cold Light Of Monday"
out spring 2003 on Elitist Records

Out now: "The Window Purpose"
on DVS Records
In the US: The End Records

wolverine_window.jpg

www.wolverine-overdose.com

I've just downloaded your song , and I am going to listen to it, but I think , I will like it , because I have lots of good recomendations from my friends.
Besides , what's your real name? (my real name is Dima )