another cubase how do question

rispsira

Mar 18, 2010
Today i was trying to turn 4 events into a single one. But every time i would use the glue it would turn them into a part..

what is the deal? did i accidentally change the funtion of the glue into a "events to part" thing?

How can i fix this?? :confused:

This took me about 4 months to find out.

:kickass:

How about RTFM? Or, buying some DVD tutorial? ;)
Btw this is so common. Many people are too lazy to go step by step through the manual/some tutorial because it takes time, while in reality they spend much more time asking themselves 'why it won't work?' and similar questions. Not a critique, just an observation. This especially applies for such important things like DAW (I can understand not reading a manual of the VST plugins tho, but not this).
And I am talking about basic functions like these, not some advanced stuff.
Always pays off in the long run.

Sorry but "Bounce Selection" sounds nothing like a function that will consolidate audio events, it sounds like it bounces the audio out. It is quite reasonable that somebody could not have known how to do this, even with reading the manual, mistaking it as an export feature. I have been using Cubase for years and I can't even remember how I learned what Bounce Selection did, but certainly didn't learn it by reading the manual.

But, of course, I'm sure you have never in your life asked a question about something that was considered "basic" knowledge. :rolleyes:

Sorry but "Bounce Selection" sounds nothing like a function that will consolidate audio events, it sounds like it bounces the audio out. It is quite reasonable that somebody could not have known how to do this, even with reading the manual, mistaking it as an export feature. I have been using Cubase for years and I can't even remember how I learned what Bounce Selection did, but certainly didn't learn it by reading the manual.

But, of course, I'm sure you have never in your life asked a question about something that was considered "basic" knowledge.
First of all, I will say that my comment was not ill-spirited, and that I don't consider MaellaJohn as some noob.
Just a short disclaimer, because we all know how a person can easily take the things other people say the wrong way, especially on internet. Like you, for example.

I am speaking from my experience. I've learned all the basics from a physical copy of the book about Cubase SX, by taking notes while reading and then trying out bunch of different stuff in Cubase. Sure, I don't know all the bells and whistles, but I know enough to go through a recording&mixing session.

And if you want to get picky, I should point out that the manual clearly states that you can make a single audio file from several events/regions/slices.

Of course that I encourage asking questions, because that's how you learn stuff. But I still say that there are a lot of people here that ask bunch of pretty basic stuff (even if you put bounce selection aside). I am not some forum police, I said all this in order to stress how is important and really beneficial when you are doing stuff systematically. And to be honest, the MaellaJohn's question was merely a trigger for my post.

First of all, I will say that my comment was not ill-spirited, and that I don't consider MaellaJohn as some noob.
Just a short disclaimer, because we all know how a person can easily take the things other people say the wrong way, especially on internet. Like you, for example.

I am speaking from my experience. I've learned all the basics from a physical copy of the book about Cubase SX, by taking notes while reading and then trying out bunch of different stuff in Cubase. Sure, I don't know all the bells and whistles, but I know enough to go through a recording&mixing session.

And if you want to get picky, I should point out that the manual clearly states that you can make a single audio file from several events/regions/slices.

Of course that I encourage asking questions, because that's how you learn stuff. But I still say that there are a lot of people here that ask bunch of pretty basic stuff (even if you put bounce selection aside). I am not some forum police, I said all this in order to stress how is important and really beneficial when you are doing stuff systematically. And to be honest, the MaellaJohn's question was merely a trigger for my post.

Understood... and I agree some of the questions posted make you think the person asking isn't even trying to figure it out on their own first, I see that too. This isn't one of them though, IMO.

That's awesome that the manual says that. However, again, "bounce selection" could easily be mistaken for a different feature and overlooked. So that does no good at all.

I have honestly hardly ever referred to the manual for anything in Cubase in almost 10 years of using it - and I do know nearly all the bells and whistles. In my experience over that time, for most things, it has been better to just ask direct questions and get the answers quickly and easily, rather than flip through a manual and have to deal with things being worded differently/semantics. Otherwise, I have learned everything else just by using the program. This thread is a perfect example of the former method.

Basically, if he was asking "how do I arm a track?" I could understand your reply to him...

MIDI also has a "Bounce Selection" option that does the same thing.

Correct. The Glue tool on MIDI events is faster and easier though.