Another reason to truly deeply hate Ticketbastard

Kid wants to go to see Disturbed. I check on tickets at ticketbastard and they are 79 to 107 bucks a seat.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/0D0041908F4535A6?mpt=1

And then I go to Live Nation and what do I see?

The SAME damn tickets for half as much!
http://tickets.livenation.com/cgi-bin/tickets.htm?fun=tdetailb&doc=detailb&key=228$467&eid=402150&oid=146A5D3F3F3F1E3F3F3F463F3F2976E3F3F683F&lnsite=new&referer_info=402150&affiliate=EC2

Still shaking my head...how can these greedy bastards still exist?

Totally agree. Those greedy bastiches should be destroyed. I always make an effort to drive to the venue to buy tix to get away from Ticketbastards greasy palms.
Have you ever tried to buy tix from The Vault?

Totally agree. Those greedy bastiches should be destroyed. I always make an effort to drive to the venue to buy tix to get away from Ticketbastards greasy palms.
Have you ever tried to buy tix from The Vault?

The Vault is absolutely the worst I've experienced. How a company can be so disorganized is beyond me. I'd much rather be raped for my $13.50 and get what I paid for, than deal with The Vault again.

What kills me even more is when I happened across Ticketbastard's scalping site. (Linked to the same Disturbed show's ticket options for comparison sake.)

http://www.ticketsnow.com/Inventory...each-Amphitheatre-in-Pompano-Beach?PID=765149

I guess it's true what they say. If you can't beat 'em, at least make sure your raping those who are raping the people you can't rape yourself. :rolleyes:

This blows me away more than anything. TicketBastard created a scalper site from which they can rape buyers even more. Am I the only one who sees that as a profound conflict of interest? They get people at TicketsNow to buy choice seats then sell them at 3-4 times face value. It's an astounding feat of legerdemain that probably makes David Copperfield jealous.

To give you an idea how high the fees are on the Bastard, we bought tickets to see In This Moment in Grand Rapids on Feb. 19. They were listed for $13 apiece. Sweet. However, by the time the Bastard tacks on all of its "convenience" fees and other charges, the total for two $13 tickets was $41.05. In other words, if we had purchased the tickets from T-B, we would have purchased a THIRD ticket for the price of our two -- a ticket we couldn't keep that was more like a donation to the Corporate Machine That Will Not Die.

So we went to a local, independent CD store and bought the tickets from him -- at face value, no fees. We saved nearly $20 buying locally as opposed to using T-B.

I have never in my life encountered such a blatant ripoff of the public. TicketBastard makes the U.S. government look like a bunch of Girl Scouts hawking cookies.

LiveNation is a nice alternative, generally. When TicketBastard indicated no tickets to Dropkick Murphys were available for their Detroit show (well, their scalper site had them listed for 3-4 times face value even though the main site said none were available), LiveNation still had some for sale.

Every time I do business with T-B I feel like I need to take a shower to rid myself of the filth.

Bill

P.S. One other thing about T-B that I find laughable: their "security check" captcha that one must type in to buy tickets. Why? According to T-B: "Automated programs known as "Bots" cannot read distorted text as well as humans. The Security Check helps prevent automated programs from blocking other customers from getting tickets." The reason why that makes me laugh is because no "Bots" are necessary these days. Scalpers have armies of human beings buying tickets, typing in the stupid captcha letters, to grab up tickets to turn around and sell for many times their face value. Who is T-B kidding? Bots my ass!

My question is who is the one buying the tickets from ticketmaster and reselling them to ticketsnow??

Often times tickets are not available on a show the day tickets go on sale and you'll find them directly in ticketsnow. Now I can see this for say Metallica but not for "smaller" bands. totally a monopoly that the natl. assoc. of tix merchants pay heavily to keep!

WOW! I didn't know there could be a price discrepancy.
Best bet, if possible for you, would be to go to the venue box office.

In this instance there is no way to buy the tickets in advance...you have to show up at the gate the night of the show. Considering the venue and the band, it is unlikely that you would get 4 or 5 seats together trying it that way.

It just kills me that the price of three tickets for one band will cost more than what I will pay to see 10 bands in September.