Another Revalver mkIII test

Sounds perhaps a little portly in the low mids (the whole mix, though I guess mostly the guitars), and it seems like there might be some phasey stuff going on somewhere (and a bit of clipping).

Now that that's out of the way - fucking awesome tone and playing! Revalver will be mine this summer (though I don't hear the telltale pink noise bursts of the demo in yours; did you buy the full version already? I didn't realize it was out yet...)

Can u please post ur settings for that guitar that is by itself on the left side midway through the song?!! And what are u using as ur DI? What post processing are u using (guitar buss, master buss)? :kickass:

Guitars are quadtrack, all with the 6505.
Just some random riffs I got up with.

New version - Less clipping - fixed minor things (I hope)

Sounds great, personally I would set the mid knob a little higher in revalver because I have noticed that it sounds thin and fake if it's set too low. Btw that part where the left guitar plays alone sounds awesome, somehow it sounds better than when all the other guitars kick in.

Guitars sound great now in my opinion, the mix sounds kind of thrashy though, the hihat sounds kind of lo-fi and the kich sounds too clicky, the click should be a bit higher up in the frequency specrum in my opinion, but I guess it's a matter of taste. :kickass:

Edit: I think you need to lower all cymbals and hihats and make them sound nicer, they sound kind of "peakey" like the same frequencies are heard all the time and it gets tiresome. Sorry about all the critiscism BTW

Guitars sound great now in my opinion, the mix sounds kind of thrashy though, the hihat sounds kind of lo-fi and the kich sounds too clicky, the click should be a bit higher up in the frequency specrum in my opinion, but I guess it's a matter of taste. :kickass:

Edit: I think you need to lower all cymbals and hihats and make them sound nicer, they sound kind of "peakey" like the same frequencies are heard all the time and it gets tiresome. Sorry about all the critiscism BTW

Thanks for the comment!
I didn´t want to make a good mix out of this, just a good tone out of revalver.
Therefor the trashy mix :puke: hehe

Np dude

I reedid the mix (exept the guitars, cuz my guitarneck is broken :( )
Hopefully things got better
(Kinda embarresing to put up a shitty mix like this but anyways)
And the reason why it sounds so raw is because the riffs are kinda raw heh (I honestly dont like it)

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=12528

kaomao:
I think the chain/setting was something like this

BTE TSS:
Drive 0
Tone 10

6505:
Input: 2
PreGain: 6
Bass: 7
Mid: 3
Treb: 5
PostGain: 9
Res: 9
Precense: 8

I think thats it

And oh!
I can share another one that sounds better (and ignore the song choise hehe)
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=12529

GubbKuk is the BFMV the same settings? That sound I a/b'd with the same BFMV song and wow that is close in my ears!!! If thats a different preset can u share?? Thanks!!

Nope its not the same settings (although its not totally diferent from the other)
I forgot to save the preset cuz I was just playing around and testing stuffs
Anyway, I can get closer than that. I can send you a PM when I do a new one!

-J

I reedid the mix (exept the guitars, cuz my guitarneck is broken :( )
Hopefully things got better
(Kinda embarresing to put up a shitty mix like this but anyways)
And the reason why it sounds so raw is because the riffs are kinda raw heh (I honestly dont like it)

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=12528

kaomao:
I think the chain/setting was something like this

BTE TSS:
Drive 0
Tone 10

6505:
Input: 2
PreGain: 6
Bass: 7
Mid: 3
Treb: 5
PostGain: 9
Res: 9
Precense: 8

I think thats it

And oh!
I can share another one that sounds better (and ignore the song choise hehe)
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=12529

I actually like your riffs, the mix, and the guitar tone better than the BFMV cover clip. You've got RV3 sounding very Killswitch Engage sounding to my ears. I would never guess it was a modeler. Great work!