another 'stached perv

More Claim Tigger-Costumed Man Groped Them

36-Year-Old Arrested On Molestation Charges Earlier This Month

POSTED: 1:24 pm EDT April 13, 2004
UPDATED: 1:37 pm EDT April 14, 2004

Authorities have confirmed that three more people have come forward this week with complaints that a Disney cast member playing the character of "Tigger" groped them at the theme park, according to Local 6 News.

2970812_200X150.jpg

The Orange County Sheriff's Office was already investigating 24 other similar complaints in the week since Michael Chartrand was charged with molesting a 13-year-old girl and her mother while dressed as the character "Tigger."

Thirteen of the cases have been deemed credible enough to be investigated, while the others are being reviewed, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said last week.

Chartrand was arrested April 2 and charged with one count of lewd and lascivious molestation of a child between 12 and 15 and one count of simple battery. He was booked at the Orange County Jail on a $2,500 bond.

In that case the sheriff's office received a complaint that the costumed character had touched the girl and her mother inappropriately while their pictures were being taken Feb. 21.

According to an incident report, Chartrand fondled the breasts of the girl and the mother while posing for pictures at the Magic Kingdom's Toon Town.

Chartrand has been suspended without pay pending the outcome of the investigation.

you know that ANOTHER tigger was discovered molesting recently, too? it can't be a coincidence!!

CAMCORDER footage has caught a SECOND cuddly Tigger groping a mum at a Disney theme park.

The video — shot at Toon Town in Florida’s Disney World — shows an actor dressed as the cartoon character grabbing his victim’s breast from behind.

Brit Michael Chartrand, 36, was kicked out by Disney chiefs last month after being charged with molesting a mum and her 13-year-old daughter while dressed as Tigger.

More than 30 women have accused him of fondling them after he began working at the park last summer.

But the new video was shot in December 2002 and shows ANOTHER groper in the tiger suit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004180367,00.html

what i am wondering is this: will civilization, as a whole—first-world nations foremost— ever reach a saturation point as far as sensationalism goes?

i'm not sure if i even mean the bigger things. things like this. this makes waves because it is tigger and because it strikes at the heart of a "good" place.

but since everywhere is now a "good" place and there are bad priests and bad tiggers and more is known about this now than ever, will the novelty/amusement value of this sort of thing ever wear out? or will it self-perpetuate 4ever? will people w/ moustaches ever be exempt from messageboard commentary (no offense to you, lizard)? will people ever accept biology, even if through the ravages of boredom?

actually scratch all those questions. sensationalism and curiosity are probably biological, to be moulted.

but then again, can genetics get usurped by the wear/tear of the media hose?

soon we're all going to be brains in jars plugged into the internet and posting on 150 boards at once with our thoughts in lieu of conversation or interaction or work, so, yes.

also: people have bad memories. so this business could go on and on in a perpetual loop of forgetfulness and convenient memory blocks forever.

true story: 13 years old, w/ my cousins (two brothers, roughly the same age) at a small (annual) carnival in the small town my dad lived in. actually, i think it was the feast of the assumption celeb? august 15th, anyhow.

we had a clubhouse that was actually my grandfather's storage shed. we moved the lawnmower out and the discarded playboys and wall-hung liquor ads IN. ironically, i didn't drink until i was 22. i still haven't kissed anyone.

@ the carnival, i won a choice of mirrors, so thinking that a mirror with a GIRL would suit the clubhouse well, i say "ummmmm, the MADONNA mirror".

the teenage carnie didn't react any certain way to that, but my ego was a lot like a fragile madonna mirror, so i immediately freaked (i still wonder why) and stammered out "NO—RAMBO!"

the kid started laughing. my cousins started laughing. i was mortified because i thought i was doing an okay thing all around. "NO—RAMBO!" became a quote for years to come, and it, in fact, indirectly weighed into my decision to skip my cousin's wedding, which was last saturday.

agreed about memory, i think, but i do note the advancement of "taste", which is both interesting and unnerving. and i would think that would tie in with memory, no?

i need to remember that rambo story forever.
i had a g n' r mirror.
i think memory and taste are slightly different. you can develop a taste based on someone else's memory/experience without even recalling your own.

also: i remember this girl carla giving a carnie a blow job for one of those giant stuffed tigers filled with millions of little styrofoam beads.

the whole modern notion of personal taste is generally terrible, i think. people just take the idea way too far and use it in a fatalistic, anti-choice way, like they have no control over their own lives and they're incapable of reason.