another tight coppersnare

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
I'm still testing and playing around with my API-bundle, so I record different instruments and just try the plugins on them.

this time it was a copper-snare (my Yamaha) with an ambassador coated on top, tuned tightly.

just 57 on top and bottom.
Api preamp and waves API plugins.

If you don't like it just delete it, if you do like it...fine.
anyways, tell me what you think.

Here are "Hard" and "crack" samples:

http://lsd-tonstudio.de/sonstiges/6455TightAPI.zip

What is the proper way to use these samples anyway? It seems when I load them up in Fruity Loops it just sounds weak and puny. Yet when I listen to your clip it sounds big and great. This has basically been the result of every snare I've got off of this site. I hear clips of them and they sound amazing, but when I try to use them they sound weak and puny.

What is the proper way to use these samples anyway? It seems when I load them up in Fruity Loops it just sounds weak and puny. Yet when I listen to your clip it sounds big and great. This has basically been the result of every snare I've got off of this site. I hear clips of them and they sound amazing, but when I try to use them they sound weak and puny.

I combine them with other snares. This one definitely gives my snares the crack they need.

I added a bit of reverb in the mix, then there's alot of compression on the drumbus and mixbus going on.

I use Fruity Loops for drums also and had the same problem with snares at first.

Then i've done some EQ-ing (on the snare but also on the other instruments so that i leave the snare key frequencies for the snare (you know mixing right ? :) ) ) and added a reverb and it worked fine.