Antares ATG-1 Floor Processor Now Available

I just checked out the email they sent today. It really is cool technology but for $699 I would just get an evertuned guitar and be done with it.

Only $699? (retail price: $899.00). Why, no thank you.

Was thinking of getting the Peavey guitar, would be nice to put new strings on the guitar and tune it, etc. then let the auto-tune keep it in tune for recording.
I've asked about it but no one's saying anything. Think I read that it doesn't work perfectly with palm-mutes.
May still get the guitar, but $699.00 for this and it doesn't even include the 13-pin connector and the pick-up.. mjeeeeeeeeeeh..

I tried the guitar at Guitar Center when they came out. It seemed fine on palm mutes and pinches but the guitar felt like total garbage. Like worse than a squier stratocaster.

Played one of the Peaveys and it wasn't too bad (worked great, just feels cheap). Almost bought it, but I want to use my Paul and Explorer. Just hate playing anything else after all these years.

Bought a VGS with an Evertune bridge for 500€ and it's great (would buy some killer pups tho). So not for me...

I'm always on low-budget guitars, right now it's a Cort KX5, but I need to save up to something better..
It's not bad, but right now I'm not that happy with it..
I would love to record with "perfect tuning and intonation", but the whole Analogue to Digital to Analogue is a bit mjeeeeeeeeeeh..
I don't know..

Well what bugs me is not at all the "analog to digital to analog" thing which is obviously quite common nowadays, and moreover quite easy to do with the coverters/sample rates/bit depths available at this time, but the processing behind the pitch detection (rereading I figured out you needed a hex pickup so that's less of a problem, but still...) and tuning of each string separately that I really doubt can be achieved without real compromise to the tonal integrity...
Well there's only one way to figure out which is trying it!

Well what bugs me is not at all the "analog to digital to analog" thing which is obviously quite common nowadays, and moreover quite easy to do with the coverters/sample rates/bit depths available at this time, but the processing behind the pitch detection (rereading I figured out you needed a hex pickup so that's less of a problem, but still...) and tuning of each string separately that I really doubt can be achieved without real compromise to the tonal integrity...
Well there's only one way to figure out which is trying it!

That's sort of what I meant, the processing must degrade it.
I haven't played one of the Peaveys though, they don't sell them here and I haven't heard any in-depth testing of tone..