Anthems Of Rebellion peavey triple xxx settings

Spike_SOCW

New Metal Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hi can any one help im looking for the peavey triple xxx settings andy used on the Arch enemies Anthems Of Rebellion Album
Can any one help i just bought a peavey triple xxx and was told it was used on there album and i like the tone but im struggling to find the settings and tube screamer settings

can any help me find these amp settings

thanks Spike

Having the hands of the Amott brothers is probably the first step before you get into amp settings ;)

I have a Triple X and have used on many recordings. You can check out my myspace to see if you like what you hear. The Scene for Jedi is 5150 blended with X with emg81 pickups. The Agendas Mind is Triple X with JSX (no emg81).

I just use moddest settings on the CRUNCH channel:
Hair around 5-6 dependes on what pickups the band use.
Bass around 5-6.
Mids around 2-4, and
gain around 2-4.
I really like this amp and i hope you do to :). Be sure to have a good cab to go with it / Cheers

I have a Triple X and have used on many recordings. You can check out my myspace to see if you like what you hear. The Scene for Jedi is 5150 blended with X with emg81 pickups. The Agendas Mind is Triple X with JSX (no emg81).

I just use moddest settings on the CRUNCH channel:
Hair around 5-6 dependes on what pickups the band use.
Bass around 5-6.
Mids around 2-4, and
gain around 2-4.
I really like this amp and i hope you do to :). Be sure to have a good cab to go with it / Cheers

hi cheers for the info, i will have a listen to your tracks
im using marshall 1960a with t75 drivers, kramer assualt guitar, and blood drive as a tube screamer
my band is a metal band called Screams of cold winter
are your settings close to the arch enemy settings

:headbang:
Cheers
Spike

hi cheers for the info, i will have a listen to your tracks
im using marshall 1960a with t75 drivers, kramer assualt guitar, and blood drive as a tube screamer
my band is a metal band called Screams of cold winter
are your settings close to the arch enemy settings

:headbang:
Cheers
Spike

Ok, haven't tried the Marshall cabs that much but for sure they'll do!!! I don't know if the settings are anything like the Arch enemy settings, but all good tones (almost) comes from moddest settings, good room and good mic, and of course good playing :) Good luck

Ok, haven't tried the Marshall cabs that much but for sure they'll do!!! I don't know if the settings are anything like the Arch enemy settings, but all good tones (almost) comes from moddest settings, good room and good mic, and of course good playing :) Good luck

cheers dude i will have a mess around and see what i come up with
there is a mesa oversize cab i can use for recording what are your thoughts

thanks
spike:headbang:

The settings may not exist. If Andy didn't take notes, I doubt there is any way to find out what they used. I do love the tone on that album! I think it was XXX and 5150?

yeah i heard that aswell it would be cool if i could find the setting our something close to it, i think the tone on the triple xxx rocks

thanks Spike

cheers dude i will have a mess around and see what i come up with
there is a mesa oversize cab i can use for recording what are your thoughts

thanks
spike:headbang:

Mesa is a safe bet. I own a Mesa 2x12 and Engl Pro 4x12. Both sounds very good, its cool to hear how much the actual cab can effect the same type of speaker (vintage 30) . My Mesa 2x12 is a little bit brighter and more open, the engl is darker and tighter. Both do very well and sounds PRO.

Good luck to ya' and post some clips when you have the time :)

Basicaly You Need:

Extremly Tight Playing > Seymour Duncan JB (in the bridge) > Maxon OD820 > Peavey XXX (and 5150) > Marshall 1960 (Loaded with V30's) > SM57

And a LOOOOT of patience to try diferent mic cab positions.

I think the leads in this record where recorded with Andy's Mesa Boogie Racktifier, but i'm not sure.

presets.jpg

Basicaly You Need:

Extremly Tight Playing > Seymour Duncan JB (in the bridge) > Maxon OD820 > Peavey XXX (and 5150) > Marshall 1960 (Loaded with V30's) > SM57

And a LOOOOT of patience to try diferent mic cab positions.

I think the leads in this record where recorded with Andy's Mesa Boogie Racktifier, but i'm not sure.

Thanks for the info
I got a peavey triple xxx and a tube screamer and a marshall 1960 lead cab with t75 drivers installed, im a pretty tight player, i also have a 5150 head that i can use im looking for the triple amp settings andy used as it the best tone i ever heard

cheers spike

I don't know the settings but their guitar sound is better on that record than the three after.

I am curious on what the settings are too. I am going to record this weekend and after a slugfest between my Triple X and Engl Savage 120 this week, the Peavey wins! :yow:

The Triple X is just so badass. Haven't heard the new ones yet.

Also, my Engl Savage 120 is for sale if anyone is interested. (shameless plug).

I don't know the settings but their guitar sound is better on that record than the three after.

I am curious on what the settings are too. I am going to record this weekend and after a slugfest between my Triple X and Engl Savage 120 this week, the Peavey wins! :yow:

The Triple X is just so badass. Haven't heard the new ones yet.

Also, my Engl Savage 120 is for sale if anyone is interested. (shameless plug).

fail.

tumblr_lm3n68N7Hg1qzhge8o1_400.jpg