Anthony Lucassen

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Wow, Anthony Lucassen and Alice Cooper together.... that could make for some very interesting music.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

++ From Blabbermouth ++

Former BLACK SABBATH vocalist Tony Martin, who appeared on such albums as "The Headless Cross" and "Tyr", proved a bit out of Arjen Anthony Lucassen's price range when approached for the new AYREON project, "The Human Condition". Lucassen, who has made a name for himself with his robust operatic metal releases, explains how he filters out vocalists for his projects, "As soon as I get a feeling it's about money, it’s over. It shouldn’t be about money. Like Tony Martin. The first thing he said was, 'You'd better have a big wallet.' He wanted 20,000 pounds (approximately $36,000) for one song. So I passed."

Lucassen has worked with Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN), James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER), Ralph Scheepers (GAMMA RAY) and countless other name metal vocalists. Yet he has not landed his hero to appear on one of his metal operas as of yet, "My all-time hero, Alice Cooper. I'd love to work with him, but haven't been able to work it out."

Read Arjen's entire interview with Electricbasement.com

Greeno said:
Wow, Anthony Lucassen and Alice Cooper together.... that could make for some very interesting music.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

++ From Blabbermouth ++

Former BLACK SABBATH vocalist Tony Martin, who appeared on such albums as "The Headless Cross" and "Tyr", proved a bit out of Arjen Anthony Lucassen's price range when approached for the new AYREON project, "The Human Condition". Lucassen, who has made a name for himself with his robust operatic metal releases, explains how he filters out vocalists for his projects, "As soon as I get a feeling it's about money, it’s over. It shouldn’t be about money. Like Tony Martin. The first thing he said was, 'You'd better have a big wallet.' He wanted 20,000 pounds (approximately $36,000) for one song. So I passed."

Lucassen has worked with Bruce Dickinson (IRON MAIDEN), James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER), Ralph Scheepers (GAMMA RAY) and countless other name metal vocalists. Yet he has not landed his hero to appear on one of his metal operas as of yet, "My all-time hero, Alice Cooper. I'd love to work with him, but haven't been able to work it out."

Read Arjen's entire interview with Electricbasement.com
a) The album is named "The Human Equation", not condition (those damn idiots at blabbermouth always fuck up something)

b) Indeed throught the years people has work with Arjen due to his quality and for the love of being in one of his projects (plus some money I'm sure, at least I know Arjen has paid the travel expenses to those who has gone to this studio in Holland to record)

c) Even the elusive Dave Brock (another of Arjen heroes) accepted to work with him in the Star One, so who the hell Tony Martin (and I like him a lot as a singer) think he is
22.gif
. I bet Martin don't even know what he missed

d) Alice is indeed one of Arjen heroes to the point that the second single of "The Human Equation" will have a cover of Alice Cooper - 'How You Gonna See Me Now' sung by Mike Baker (Shadow Gallery) another fan of the Coop
http://www.ayreon.com/thehumanequation/

Ronnie's a nice guy, he wouldn't be so outrageous in his demands. I love Tony Martin's voice (the guy can hit any note he wants), but that was quite dick of him.

I'm sure Arjen will be honored to play with someone like Dio, Gillan, Halford. But I believe he also want to use newer talents and very diverse vocal approcahes.

Some years ago, after the Migrator albums it seems he wanted to make a whole album with Bruce Dickinson, some info leaked, some managers jumped and the whole thing got buried :(

Fangface said:
It's such a shame, I'm sure Martin would shine on Lucassen songs... hey Arjen, call Ronnie too :loco:

Yeah I hate that about Martin. He would be great with Lucassen. Then again, Martin probably got his attitude from the way he was treated by Iommi and company. Fired, rehired... fired.. rehired.... fired.

Bryant

I understand your point Bryant, but Arjen never have a "steady-line up", even a band per se he look for people adequate for each of his projects in mind. The only constant lately has been Ed Warby on drums.
Besides Martin worked twice with Dario Mollo and he has been in other projects I believe, so this sound a bit either egocentristical or lack of knowledge who Arjen was.