Anthrax 2014 Sonisphere UK

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
http://www.hertsad.co.uk/what-s-on/...16_more_added_to_knebworth_festival_1_3597116

Lucky people in the UK going to Sonisphere can get to see Anthrax play 2 shows in 2 days. First day they're playing Among the Living in full, then the next day they playing again on the main stage.

Would be awesome, especially if the second day set wandered completely into a non-ATL set (which would be a minor miracle!!!), and basically be a set based around the other Joey era records. I bet they will still play Caught in a Mosh, Indians, and I am the Law again, cause they'll be thinking most people there wont see both appearances. Still...... would be cool.

My guess would be ATL set the first day and then their usual 70% ATL set mixed with two covers (Got The Time and Antisocial) and Fight 'Em.

My guess would be ATL set the first day and then their usual 70% ATL set mixed with two covers (Got The Time and Antisocial) and Fight 'Em.

That would be crap. They could so easily fill an hour set without ATL. Madhouse, AIR, Be All, In My World, Earth on Hell, Devil You Know all immediately spring to mind. Sadly though you're probably right.

It's a shame it clashes with what may be the last ever Sabbath gig in Hyde park on the Friday. Alos on the bill, FnM, Soulfly, Soundgarden and Motorhead! I think the Hyde Park gig wins for me due to stronger overall line up (comparing Friday at Sonis with Hyde Park).

That said unusual to have teh same band playing twice in two days at a festival

Festival situation they prob have to do standard classics but I am really hoping after next album the set list is given an update,play a couple more from pot an keep wm well in the set plus 3 new ones...

I'm so pissed they waited so long to announce this. I got Sabbath tickets since there was fuck all to see at Sonisphere on Friday, and I'm passing through London that day anyways. But I really don't give a shit about Ozzy era Sabbath, much rather be seeing Anthrax again.

Hyde Park should be a good 'un mind.
Going to wait until next year for the Anthrax club shows (hopefully). Prefer them in smaller venues.
Why Belfast and Dublin but no England shows other than Sonisphere a bit odd.

The Sabbath Summer Time show clash is a bitch all right. I'm going to Sonisphere but think I'll do the Sabbath show on the Friday. I'm seeing Anthrax in Belfast and Dublin two nights in a row doing ATL earlier in the week so I think I can miss the Friday Sonisphere show.

Hyde Park should be a good 'un mind.
Going to wait until next year for the Anthrax club shows (hopefully). Prefer them in smaller venues.
Why Belfast and Dublin but no England shows other than Sonisphere a bit odd.
Sonisphere usually makes bands sign exclusivity deals that say they won't play any other gigs in a country for x amount of time before/after the festival. I'm guessing Anthrax is locked into such a deal since they've got them doing two sets.

I'm not so fussed about missing ATL (AFAIK they'll be doing it at the Rome gig a couple weeks earlier), I'm more bummed that my 20th Anthrax gig could've been in Europe, and now it'll be Montreal.

Sonisphere usually makes bands sign exclusivity deals that say they won't play any other gigs in a country for x amount of time before/after the festival. I'm guessing Anthrax is locked into such a deal since they've got them doing two sets.

I'm not so fussed about missing ATL (AFAIK they'll be doing it at the Rome gig a couple weeks earlier), I'm more bummed that my 20th Anthrax gig could've been in Europe, and now it'll be Montreal.

"I'm more bummed that my 20th Anthrax gig could've been in Europe, and now it'll be Montreal"

Oh GaWD!! You poor baby.. I thought I had problems!!!

I like what Maiden have got lined up for this - A full WW1 air display with Bruce flying!
Would be cool if it happens whist playing Paschendale! Flying and singing may be tricky though!