Anthrax Fueled Video/Metallica Fuel Video

MIKERULE

New Metal Member
Feb 9, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Am I the only one who noticed that Metallica's Fuel criminally ripped off Anthrax's Fueled in the music video department? The muscle cars, the car noise text across the screen...

Was this an agreement between the bands because it's just disgusting.

That's something that no one can explain. Unless charlie comes out and says then nobody knows. because I agree with you, it's a complete and blatant rip off. When I first saw it, i was like what the fuck

So you've debated the topic before with no resolve, interesting. Although the issue would be at the bottom of Charlie's priorities now, it would definitely settle something that's been bugging me for years, should he ever address it.

Last year on Muchmusic Canada, specifically the show Loud, they played the videos one after another with Metallica's first. To say that I posessed tears of rage and fists of fury at the sight of it is an understatement.

yeah iknow it fucked em off........ they are way way aware of fuel, and the resemblance to fueled......and yeah it pissed em off.......

I once did a poll about that. I'm deeply convinced both the opening riff and the video have been ripped off.

nah the new album will prolly have tracks like........

outside in
crushed
theifing from a steal

sure, there are musclecars in both videos.. and the text i guess, but that's just it.. the concept aren't exactly the same y'know?..
Anthrax kills!... while Metallica just race..

The riff's are similar. The chord progressians are similar. The videos, thought not the concepts entirely, are similar. Put those all together and I think we have way more than just a coincidence. On top of it all, Anthrax has adressed it themeselves. I doubt Lars and Hetfield ever have and if they've been confronted, I'm sure they've avoided the issue.

Surfacer, you are being true to your name and not looking past the surface. Study both videos. In any event, how many videos do you see with the noise text exclaimed across the screen.

And the riffs, good point AlexStomp.

If this is what the thread is turning into, then...

Grunt & Stick
Random Acts Of Senseless Intercourse
Big Cock
Cupacum
Born Again Boner
Cock Tied
Killing Vagina
Erectile Pompeii
Riding Vibrator
Black Cock
Distended Rectum (Inside Out)