ANTHRAX Guitarist SCOTT IAN To Write Memoir For Fall 2014 Release

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian sold his memoir, "I'm The Man", to Ben Schafer at Perseus' Da Capo Press. Ian will work with Revolver senior writer John Wiederhorn, co-author of the books "Louder Than Hell: The Definitive Oral History of Metal" and "Ministry: The Lost Gospels According to Al Jourgensen". The book is scheduled for a fall 2014 release."I'm The Man" will cover topics such as his adolescence in a dysfunctional home, escapism through the turbulent world of heavy metal, and the complete history of ANTHRAX starting with the band's formation through the present day. It will also feature full-color autobiographical comic book inserts."Why a book? Because I think my story can connect with anyone and, if I was able to make the life I wanted for myself happen, then anyone can," Ian says. “I'm really excited to be writing a book because the idea of getting forty-something years of stuff out of my brain and onto the page seems very therapeutic. Plus if I didn't do it now, I'd start forgetting and wouldn't be able to share all these killer stories with you, my friends!"Jim Fitzgerald, who has eponymous agency, brokered the world rights deal with Schafer.Scott Ian earlier in the year completed a "Speaking Words" U.K. spoken-word tour. He told Geeks Of Doom in an interview: "The tour was my idea. The initial one show that I did last November was my agent's idea. He booked three shows: one with me, one with Chris Jericho, and one with Duff McKagan. They were all about two weeks apart and each did a talking show and it was his idea to do that series of shows and it went really well for all three of us and I was the one who said after my show, I want to do more, can we do more dates, can we book a tour?"

More...