ANTHRAX in Jukebox

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
Just got home from a local dive in my town. It's a place I don't normally hand out at, but a friend of mine's dad passed away this week and it was his favorite hang out so we were there in remembrance tonight.

I put a couple of bucks in the jukebox and what do I find?

The Devil You Know, and Fight 'Em, as well as the whole WCFYA album and POT.

Needless to say, I was rocking that shit. :headbang:

Now I'm munching on some Waffle House to go, and about to crash out...

There was this pub we used to go after the rehearsal every week. They had jukebox with WCFYA, SOWN and TGOTE (and the whole bunch of other metal releases as well). Sadly, in September they closed it down.

There was this pub we used to go after the rehearsal every week. They had jukebox with WCFYA, SOWN and TGOTE (and the whole bunch of other metal releases as well). Sadly, in September they closed it down.

Maybe if they had Among The Living, Spreading The Disease, and Persistence of Time in there instead of those 3 Bushthrax albums they would still be in business :lol::lol:

Bars that have the Internet Juke Boxes are awesome. Though I usually have a few drinks and put in a bunch of Morbid Angel, Slayer, Sepultura, Suffocation etc and they end up turning it completely down or skipping my songs. Then I have to go bitch at them and tell them they are censoring music and demand a refund. Thats a pretty typical night at most dive bars for me.

Of course they don't seem to have a problem when some wigger puts in some cheesy blng bling rap music. The united states is totally fucked up when it comes to pop culture. I really can't stand the whole hip hop culture bullshit that has infested us for over a decade. Mid to upper class white guys and girls listening to Getto Rappers sing about bitches, ho's, gang banging etc is just sick. The United States of America is completely fucked when it comes to this.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher
Bars that have the Internet Juke Boxes are awesome. Though I usually have a few drinks and put in a bunch of Morbid Angel, Slayer, Sepultura, Suffocation etc and they end up turning it completely down or skipping my songs. Then I have to go bitch at them and tell them they are censoring music and demand a refund. Thats a pretty typical night at most dive bars for me.

Of course they don't seem to have a problem when some wigger puts in some cheesy blng bling rap music. The united states is totally fucked up when it comes to pop culture. I really can't stand the whole hip hop culture bullshit that has infested us for over a decade. Mid to upper class white guys and girls listening to Getto Rappers sing about bitches, ho's, gang banging etc is just sick. The United States of America is completely fucked when it comes to this.

It's pretty much the same at every bar in here.
When you put in a metal song in the jukebox then the bartender is most likely to turn the music down so that you barely hear it. But when the other people play hip-hop and dance crap, they turn it up so loud you can't even talk to each other.

It's pretty much the same at every bar in here.
When you put in a metal song in the jukebox then the bartender is most likely to turn the music down so that you barely hear it. But when the other people play hip-hop and dance crap, they turn it up so loud you can't even talk to each other.

I have literally almost gotten into fist fights over this with the security at bars. I even have spoken to several people about doing a documentary on this. Showing how hard it is for metal bands to stand a chance in our culture.

Metal bands rarely get played on the radio so the exposure is limited. So you go to a jukebox and put a song on and some cocksucker bartender turns it off because they would rather listen to rap. It's such bullshit. Not only do metal bands not get played on the radio they get censored by employees of establishments that don't like their music. This post may get me fired up enough to follow through with this documentary. I really think these bar owners and employees need to be accountable for their actions.

It's not okay to play slayer but okay to play NWA? total hypocritical bullshit

it's the same over here, metal songs in the juke box get skipped or turned down but it's ok to play 'Nothing else matters' 10 times a night.

True, I actually like NWA. I guess it's this bling bling hip hop garbage that is some 19 year old kid with gold teeth rapping about having money and girls etc. fuckin stupid

Pretty much. The original gangsta rap was kind of cool in its "underground" way. Now what they call hip-hop or rap is 100% crap.

Fuck my head.

In addition to the two new singles, WCFYA and POT. They also had the singles from SOWN. And a handful of songs from the greatest hits album island released a few years back.

It was a mix of Hank Jr. , Hank III, David Allen Coe, Merle Haggard, Anthrax, Pantera, and Metallicas AJFA album with me controlling the jukebox. Odd mix to say the least.

Depends on the bar. Houston is pretty bad when it comes to live music. We're often skipped because of this. But, at all of the bars I go to, the bartenders usually welcome my musical tastes. Last time I was out, some asshole picked a whole albums worth of Shania Twain. With each song the bartender got more and more pissed. She said she could skip it but hates dealing with people who bitch. I told her I'd put some metal on and she was very happy when it finally got to my stuff.

Depends on the bar. Houston is pretty bad when it comes to live music. We're often skipped because of this. But, at all of the bars I go to, the bartenders usually welcome my musical tastes. Last time I was out, some asshole picked a whole albums worth of Shania Twain. With each song the bartender got more and more pissed. She said she could skip it but hates dealing with people who bitch. I told her I'd put some metal on and she was very happy when it finally got to my stuff.

Yep it definetely matters on the bar you are at.

I lived in Hollywood for many years. There is a bar called "The Snake Pit" it's a famous bar on Melrose, lot's of 'Hollywood' types end up there from time to time. I would always put in Morbid Angel and get it turned off.

But at the Rainbow in Sunset I usually was all good with Death Metal as a lot of the locals were guys from Fear Factory, Motorhead etc so It was great.

But yes it all depends on the bar and who happens to be running it.

My thing is... don't have the song available for purchase if you are going to turn it off. Just take it out so I don't waste my money and have to get into some argument with the bartender.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher
in my local all they have is the whole among the living album so i have to be pretty happy with that and it doesnt bother anyone when i play tunes from itt