Anthrax Live in Italy

Migs

Friday the 13th addict
Jul 6, 2004
Rome,Italy
I saw Anthrax live for the first time in my life on July 4th , here in Rome,Italy.
The crowd was composed by only 300 persons.
Any one here can tell me what is the usual gig attendance for Anthrax? I'm very curious.
It is a pity : last week Metallica brought 24000 people to the stadium,and Anthrax only 300...and Anthrax played much better even!

However,they gave 100000% of their energy and I want to thank them with all my heart...Anthrax is a true band composed by really cool human beings.
THANX GUYS

Did you see them in Rome? There's cool old school T- Shirt, etc. stand next to the Termini station that I saw when I was there in 2002.

Migs said:
I saw Anthrax live for the first time in my life on July 4th , here in Rome,Italy.
The crowd was composed by only 300 persons.
Any one here can tell me what is the usual gig attendance for Anthrax? I'm very curious.
It is a pity : last week Metallica brought 24000 people to the stadium,and Anthrax only 300...and Anthrax played much better even!

However,they gave 100000% of their energy and I want to thank them with all my heart...Anthrax is a true band composed by really cool human beings.
THANX GUYS
Sounds like the HUGE Euro street team isn't HUGE enough.
Contact me if you want to join the NFST, no matter where on Earth you live.

Migs said:

It is a pity that 24000 people are still stupid enough to follow Metallica.

I'd still always go and see Metallica play any day of the week, but Anthrax will always be a better live band imo.

300 people in Rome - that's an awful turnout - WTF ROME????

So, reading your replies I understand that Anthrax usually play in front of much bigger audiences...I'm happy to hear that , and I feel ashamed for what happened in my city. I dont know,maybe in Milan things where a little better.

I also know that their last record sold well here.
If some of you wants to know the setlist,i'll post it,no problem!

Migs said:
So, reading your replies I understand that Anthrax usually play in front of much bigger audiences...I'm happy to hear that , and I feel ashamed for what happened in my city. I dont know,maybe in Milan things where a little better.

i'd like to know the set list, i have been in padova, not much more people were present at the concert but :headbang: anthrax did it real good

how many approximately?

setlist in rome was:

what doesnt die
got the time
caught in a mosh
room for one more
fueled
safe home
antisocial
refuse to be denied
metal thrashing mad
indians
only
NFL efilnickufesin
bring the noise

Migs said:

dont be too concerned,they have unfortunately had some very bad turnouts(worse than that)in there own country.

DarbysDad said:
Did you see them in Rome? There's cool old school T- Shirt, etc. stand next to the Termini station that I saw when I was there in 2002.

Do u mean metal t-shirts, necklace etc etc ? Yea I know it , it's still there man!

Migs said:
how many approximately?

setlist in rome was:

what doesnt die
got the time
caught in a mosh
room for one more
fueled
safe home
antisocial
refuse to be denied
metal thrashing mad
indians
only
NFL efilnickufesin
bring the noise

i can't tell, but i reached the first line without problem

the set list wasn't the same, antrace played keep it in the family and madhouse as well, they didn't play room for one more

Migs said:
Do u mean metal t-shirts, necklace etc etc ? Yea I know it , it's still there man!
Yeah Metal t-shirts and stuff. I gave the horns to some young Italian metalhead, in a Maiden shirt, when I walked by drinking my Budweiser. BTW - I stayed at the Hotel Marino and found some herb for the old lady at the African restaurant right around the corner. Fun trip had to take advantage of the chance to go to Europe.

The store reminded me of places in and around Long Beach, CA in the 1980's. Anthrax, Slayer, GBH, Discharge.

Fuck I'm old, Rieth get me a drink and walker.

That's the problem with doing headline gigs during festival season. People are going to the festivals and it makes it hard to sell tickets. Especially when you've got Metallica/Korn/Slipknot playing stadiums for big bucks. It wipes out peoples cash quick. Rome was the smallest crowd of the tour by far. Small but mighty. Padova was around 1500-2000. The UK was sold out. We'll be back.