ANTHRAX: More 'Worship Music' First-Week Chart Positions

gerardomosh

May 9, 2006
"Worship Music", the new studio album from ANTHRAX, has registered the following first-week chart positions:

Finland: #6
USA: #12
Germany: #13
Sweden: #24
Czech: #28
Switzerland: #28
Austria: #30
Canada: #33
Australia: #35
Italy: #37
France: #43
England: #49
Ireland: #62
Belgium: #65
Spain: #70

Commented drummer Charlie Benante: "A big thank you to our fans for coming out strong and making 'Worship Music' a huge success worldwide!?See you soon for the celebration!"

"Worship Music" sold 28,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The band's previous studio CD, 2003's "We've Come For You All", opened with just under 10,000 units to debut at No. 122.

"I am most proud of our fans who came out and gave us the amazing support they did," said Charlie Benante. "To have our record debut at No. 12 is a great accomplishment."

Added Scott Ian, "I'm absolutely thrilled with the fact that our Anthrax Army came out in force this week to show the world that good music matters. Thank you to all our friends, old and new! It's a privilege to do this for you."

"Worship Music", the new studio album from ANTHRAX, has registered the following first-week chart positions:

Finland: #6
USA: #12
Germany: #13
Sweden: #24
Czech: #28
Switzerland: #28
Austria: #30
Canada: #33
Australia: #35
Italy: #37
France: #43
England: #49
Ireland: #62
Belgium: #65
Spain: #70

Commented drummer Charlie Benante: "A big thank you to our fans for coming out strong and making 'Worship Music' a huge success worldwide!?See you soon for the celebration!"

"Worship Music" sold 28,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The band's previous studio CD, 2003's "We've Come For You All", opened with just under 10,000 units to debut at No. 122.

"I am most proud of our fans who came out and gave us the amazing support they did," said Charlie Benante. "To have our record debut at No. 12 is a great accomplishment."

Added Scott Ian, "I'm absolutely thrilled with the fact that our Anthrax Army came out in force this week to show the world that good music matters. Thank you to all our friends, old and new! It's a privilege to do this for you."

Great stuff. Bring on the Worship Aussies Tour. LOL

It made me look at our crappy IFPI charts. Don't know many names that are on there, and I'm not probaby missing out much.

but still holding a higher position than Dream Theater and Devil wears Prada ( the other 2 heavy releases that charted higher last week)

Yeah I noted that. Still good stuff that it's holding as high as that I reckon.