Anthrax reference in Seinfeld commercial

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
If anyone has picked up Seinfeld season 5 on dvd, check the special features on disc one, and watch the promotional commercials. One of them has Jerry doing a spoof of an SNL commercial, and he says "This week's musical guest will be Anthrax". Someone off-screen says "Really? Anthrax?", and Jerry replies "No, not really".

That's my mildly amusing Anthrax reference for the day :loco:

Before everybody had access to the internet, I used to check religiously the T.V. guide every week to see if any bands I liked were performing on a TV show. I don't remember Anthrax ever having done SNL but I do remember Arsenio Hall show and Conan O'Brien.

Nobody good ever plays SNL anymore. Didn't they recently have Korn. What a joke of a band. I tried to get into them. I bought Life is Peachy when it came out and gave it a few spins. It still ended up as a coaster.

Curb is the greatest. Larry David rules. That show is a window into a disturbed man's mind. I nearly pissed my pants during the 'Beloved cunt' episode. Genius.

AlexStomp said:
Before everybody had access to the internet, I used to check religiously the T.V. guide every week to see if any bands I liked were performing on a TV show. I don't remember Anthrax ever having done SNL but I do remember Arsenio Hall show and Conan O'Brien.

They performed "In my world" on Married With Children back in 91 or something. Pretty funny. They totally wrecked the livingroom.

I remember seeing Anthrax and Slayer on the John Stewart Show back in the day. Thrax might have done that show twice but I can't remember for sure.

jdelpi said:
I must be the only Seinfeld fan that can't get into CYE.

I know Larry David co-created Seinfeld, but he just looks like a poor George-wannabe to me. I watched three episodes from the first season.

I've watched one or two shows and thought it was all right but yeah I haven't really jumped on the wagon yet. Funny, b/c I've had HBO on demand for 2 mos. now and haven't pursued any of the unseen shows. Ali G, now that can be funny!

i miss george.....wish he'd get his own comeback show somehow :)

whenever i am pissed off.... i just think of george riding up the stair chair, when he is faking a disability for 'play now' " my baby takes the morning train, he works from 9-5 and then, he takes another home again......." etc etc hahaha fecking awesome

i've only seen one curb your enthusiasm thought it was hilarious tho.....hope it gets more of a mainstream showing over here, right now its only on a tiny digital station.......

AlexStomp said:
Nobody good ever plays SNL anymore. Didn't they recently have Korn. What a joke of a band. I tried to get into them. I bought Life is Peachy when it came out and gave it a few spins. It still ended up as a coaster.
:lol: