Anthrax Reunion = Dead Pope

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
I think all the stress and fighting between board members over this reunion is what finally killed John Paul the Pope.
No more schism! Can't we all just get along? The Pope would've wanted it that way.

my whole attitude has been just go with the flow,no one except anthrax can choose there path,lets be positive and enjoy the ride,who knows people might just enjoy it!

ThraxDude said:
I think all the stress and fighting between board members over this reunion is what finally killed John Paul the Pope.
No more schism! Can't we all just get along? The Pope would've wanted it that way.

I am not in the mood to get along.............

I am pissed and slowly progressing into depression..............

mrthrax said:
my whole attitude has been just go with the flow,no one except anthrax can choose there path,lets be positive and enjoy the ride,who knows people might just enjoy it!

Yeah, I'm with you dude. They're just a band. Reuniting with Joey isn't gonna erase the 5 kick ass CD's they've made with Bush. We'll always have those to listen to. This band took 5 years to make their latest LP. They're really slow in the way they go about things. Lose momentum, etc etc. Maybe they're reuniting with Joey to get more attention than they've been getting. All speculation.

I don't agree 100% with this move but I'm not 100% against it either and regardless, I'm just a fan. I wish I could have more info on the status of Bush/Caggiano but it's the nature of the way things work for them to keep mum about the situation. They don't owe us anything.

All this bitching is inevitable. Some people are gonna be stoked, some pissed. I'm in the middle. I got into this band in the SOE era. But they weren't my favorite band until SOWN came out. POT is such a classic album. I love that album from start to finsih. I was really skeptical about John Bush in the beginning. I was pissed that they got rid of Joey. But once they got Bush, they became my favorite band and I've supported the hell out of them over the years.

I was pissed when they got rid of Dan. I liked Paul Crook but it confused me as to why they didn't make him a full member. Then he went away quietly and Caggiano came out of nowhere. WCFYA is a masterpiece in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind if Danny came back full time, with a possible new LP. But the thought of Belladonna recording a new LP with them doesn't seem right.

And even if Belladonna were to come back for a new LP, would Caggiano produce it?? Would he want to?? Would he give the same effort he did with WCFYA??

The band wants us to speculate. There needs to be an element of surprise. They don't want to make any false promises.

If they play around here, I'll most surely check them out. Anthrax with Belladonna is way better than most shit that comes around here.

I'm not gonna lose sleep and get all pissy about this. Life goes on. They're just a band.

The only way I am happy about this is if Armored Saint comes back full force. I will take a second rate Anthrax and a revamped Saint over just the Anthrax that gave us the last 4-5 great releases.

See, I am finding a bright side to fucking mess.

AlexStomp said:
Yeah, I'm with you dude. They're just a band. Reuniting with Joey isn't gonna erase the 5 kick ass CD's they've made with Bush. We'll always have those to listen to. This band took 5 years to make their latest LP. They're really slow in the way they go about things. Lose momentum, etc etc. Maybe they're reuniting with Joey to get more attention than they've been getting. All speculation.

I don't agree 100% with this move but I'm not 100% against it either and regardless, I'm just a fan. I wish I could have more info on the status of Bush/Caggiano but it's the nature of the way things work for them to keep mum about the situation. They don't owe us anything.

All this bitching is inevitable. Some people are gonna be stoked, some pissed. I'm in the middle. I got into this band in the SOE era. But they weren't my favorite band until SOWN came out. POT is such a classic album. I love that album from start to finsih. I was really skeptical about John Bush in the beginning. I was pissed that they got rid of Joey. But once they got Bush, they became my favorite band and I've supported the hell out of them over the years.

I was pissed when they got rid of Dan. I liked Paul Crook but it confused me as to why they didn't make him a full member. Then he went away quietly and Caggiano came out of nowhere. WCFYA is a masterpiece in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind if Danny came back full time, with a possible new LP. But the thought of Belladonna recording a new LP with them doesn't seem right.

And even if Belladonna were to come back for a new LP, would Caggiano produce it?? Would he want to?? Would he give the same effort he did with WCFYA??

The band wants us to speculate. There needs to be an element of surprise. They don't want to make any false promises.

If they play around here, I'll most surely check them out. Anthrax with Belladonna is way better than most shit that comes around here.

I'm not gonna lose sleep and get all pissy about this. Life goes on. They're just a band.

I agree 100%...I got into Anthrax during Belladonna's era and I was suprised when he got the boot...But I was blown away when Bush joined..I will check out the show if it comes to Pittsburgh..cause hey, I never saw the Spitz/Belladonna lineup..so it'd be nice to say I saw a peice of history.I certainly hope Bush isn't out cause he definately is what Anthrax represents today in my opinion and when I saw 'thrax in 2003 it rocked..I guess we'll all have to see how this reunion goes. If they do keep the originals...I will be disappointed major leauge..If they do hopefully get back with Bush when this is all said and done..I hope Frankie stays...no disrespect to Joey Vera..I know alot of you saw him with the band.and he his defiantely a fantastic bass player..but to me an Anthrax show just isn't the same without Frankie going apeshit...so there's my take on this thing.

AlexStomp said:

well said,all i am doing is giving the same courtesy to joey and dan as i have done to paul,rob and john,pretty simple really.

i wasnt listening to sown or stomp critisicing the new members or that i just went with it because i am a huge fan of anthrax.

No actually you´re wrong. Pope died the night Morbid Angel played in Prague, in this ancient, mysterious and magical town.

johnnieCzech said:
No actually you´re wrong. Pope died the night Morbid Angel played in Prague, in this ancient, mysterious and magical town.
Ah. That must have been a part of it. But I think the Pope was checking this messageboard and thinking, "Where's all the love that the Anthrax board is supposed to be about?" And that was his last thought.

NO MORE SCHISM ON THIS BOARD. Please.

mrthrax said:

That's pretty much how I feel.

ThraxDude said:
Ah. That must have been a part of it. But I think the Pope was checking this messageboard and thinking, "Where's all the love that the Anthrax board is supposed to be about?" And that was his last thought.

NO MORE SCHISM ON THIS BOARD. Please.

Good one - funny with a meaning.

The Mysterious Traveler said:
I'm all for everyone getting along, But fuck the Pope dude :devil:

I personally think the Pope Died when he saw the new pic of Anthrax on the Home page of the website!!!!

Joey looks like him with a black wig!!!!!! and They got that bloke from the Back Street boys with a eating disorder in too!!!

I think he just thought "What the Fucks Going on with my Fave Band" and then Popped his clogs!!

I bet thats the only Bush the pope liked :loco: