Anthrax to play Soundwave 2010 in Oz???

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Rumour mill going nuts here as 8 new bands will be announced to the Soundwave Festival (already with Faith No More on the bill as headline act).

They have revealed that their will be an old school heavy metal band.

GOD - PLEASE - LET IT BE ANTHRAX!!!!!!!!!

Word is .... the answer is ...... YES it's Anthrax..

But Neither band or Event organiser is supposed to annouce just yet for some reason...

Still .... I'd like to hear it from the band before I buy tix...

Problem is tix are on the verge of selling out across Oz...

I got my tix already. The chance to see FNM live was worth the $155 alone. If Anthrax are on the bill then I will lose my shit :)

OH MY FUCKING GOD I THINK I JUST SHAT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthrax confirmed on Triple J this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second announcement time!
After much conjecture we can finally release the second round of artists for Soundwave 2010.

One of the few heavy-metal-oriented bands to get consistently high critical marks, ANTHRAX - along with Metallica and Megadeth - redefined the metal genre in the ’80s, stressing anger, speed, and emotional intensity over big hair and power ballads. After a huge campaign run by the fans John Bush will be back on vocal duties which has the Anthrax faithful worldwide frothing at the mouth!
:headbang:

thats great for the band,i wonder if they will do a couple of there own shows,that would be a bonus,i dont think i wanna pay just to go c them,im gonna c fnm sepertely.

I'm glad to see them doing these shows, but come on now. Make it official, get the fucking album out and then do the damn shows. Over 6 1/2 years since WCFYA, let's go already.

I'm glad to see them doing these shows, but come on now. Make it official, get the fucking album out and then do the damn shows. Over 6 1/2 years since WCFYA, let's go already.

they usually like to wait 8 years between albums,i highly doubt they will get it out b4 2010