ANTHRAX we've come for you all

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Sorry if this is a repeat but I'm new to this....but what do you all think of the new ANTHRAX? A buddy burnt me a copy and I love it so much that I still may buy a copy just to have the complete package. Some great riffing on there and with a guest appearance by Dime you can't go wrong....
ted

tedvanfrehley said:
Sorry if this is a repeat but I'm new to this....but what do you all think of the new ANTHRAX? A buddy burnt me a copy and I love it so much that I still may buy a copy just to have the complete package. Some great riffing on there and with a guest appearance by Dime you can't go wrong....
ted
Cadillac RockBox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
headbob.gif

Most people on the Anthrax board are in the honeymoon phase and think it's the greatest album ever. I hold Anthrax to pretty high standards, and expected more from them than I got on WCFYA. It's a good album, but a little unfocussed, and I was hoping it would be a bit heavier. The lack of heaviness may also be to try and appeal to more people, which may be working, as I've seen a number of positive reviews from people that have ignored Anthrax lately.

It's a good album, but not their best...I'd say it's better than all Joey-era stuff except for Among the Living, but the weakest of any John-era stuff. It still puts St. Anger to shame. But that's just my two cents.

schindlers_fist said:
Its a good album, personally I think its better than St. Anger. I think its the best Bush-era album but really close to white noise, though
Well, here's
my two cents on this. It's equal to St. Anger in the sense that Metallica stayed with a sound therefore there was "some" direction there. The Anthrax disc sounds "very unfocused" like some people have mentioned. There's at least 4-5 Great tracks on there. I wouldn't
have been suprised to hear another pop song like "Safe Home" on the cd.
Yes, I said "pop song." I mean they even did an acoustic song.
On import copies of the disc.
That's so 1994! What's next a show with a Symphony?! Trust, I would hate to see that happen, but....

I think it's an excellent album. It is not the greatest I've heard from Anthrax, and it definetly could be better...but overall, I do really enjoy this CD.

nafnikufesin said:
Most people on the Anthrax board are in the honeymoon phase and think it's the greatest album ever. I hold Anthrax to pretty high standards, and expected more from them than I got on WCFYA. It's a good album, but a little unfocussed, and I was hoping it would be a bit heavier. The lack of heaviness may also be to try and appeal to more people, which may be working, as I've seen a number of positive reviews from people that have ignored Anthrax lately.

It's a good album, but not their best...I'd say it's better than all Joey-era stuff except for Among the Living, but the weakest of any John-era stuff. It still puts St. Anger to shame. But that's just my two cents.

u will cross over to our side soon buddy!!!
i am in exactly the same position as u,only on diff albums,i find volume 8 was pretty lacklustre,with wcfya they just nailed it,sure cadillac rock box and anyplace but here arent too metal but thegroove is right thru this whole album,on volume 8 the groove just wasnt here,hog tied and big fat for example,they are good songs but they sound very ordinary to me

can u tell me what u like about volume 8 that is so much better than wcfya?

i think its gonna take a live show to convert u too there latest effort, i had trouble with vulgar display of power until i saw a pantera show!

using st anger as a reference for comparsion to anything except the degree of how despicable something is in relation to gay, child molesting, horribly un-entertaining, make-up drenched, stupid carney ass clowns is just...................wrong. :lol:

I think WCFYA is perhaps the best Bush-era Anthrax since The Sound of the White Noise.

mrthrax said:
u will cross over to our side soon buddy!!!
i am in exactly the same position as u,only on diff albums,i find volume 8 was pretty lacklustre,with wcfya they just nailed it,sure cadillac rock box and anyplace but here arent too metal but thegroove is right thru this whole album,on volume 8 the groove just wasnt here,hog tied and big fat for example,they are good songs but they sound very ordinary to me

can u tell me what u like about volume 8 that is so much better than wcfya?
Granted, the second half of Volume 8 isn't as strong as the first half, the first six songs on that album just kill, so by the time you reach these other songs, you're just starting to catch your breath. Both Volume 8 and WCFYA have a variety of styles from song to song, but on Volume 8, they fit well nicely and keep you suprised, whereas on WCFYA it all sounds a bit contrived and unfocused. Superhero and WCFYA are great tracks, but there's nothing else on the album that really blows me away, and I thought Safe Home and Crash were really weak and threw off the flow of the album, while Cadillac Rock Box, Taking the Music Back, Strap On My Old School, and Black Dalhia were largely forgettable tracks. I said it before, I don't think WCFYA is a bad album, I just don't think it's as great as everyone on the Anthrax board makes it out to be. Three years from now (give or take), when the next studio album comes out, I'll bet that most people on the board will say that's their best album ever and WCFYA will have fallen down the list. We've just been dying for new tunes for so long that we were going to cream all over the new album no matter what it sounded like, and I just don't think it will have "staying power" like classic albums do.

I thought it was pretty boring. Nothing really compelling, nothing that really stood out. Reminded me of bloody Nickelback, that kinda dull, contemporary feel. Bush's voice don't really do anything for me.