ANTHRAX's Cover Of THIN LIZZY's 'Jailbreak'

Another great cover. But really, time for the band to stop posting these online. I'd like something to be a surprise when I get the EP...

Of the three posted online so far, Anthem is my favorite, followed by Jailbreak, followed by TNT.

Another great cover. But really, time for the band to stop posting these online. I'd like something to be a surprise when I get the EP...

Of the three posted online so far, Anthem is my favorite, followed by Jailbreak, followed by TNT.
Love it. Same order for me too. Yes nothing else needs to be posted I want to listen fresh when I buy it on release day!

So far this track is my favorite followed by TNT and then the rush tune last. I have a tremdemdous amount of respect for rush and dig much of their material. I simply have not gone ape shit about them like some people. Not really too familiar with their catalogue.

I've seen YouTube clips of Injun Joe performing Tom Sawyer. I would have much preferred that tune to have been covered. Belladonna is pretty bad ass

So far this track is my favorite followed by TNT and then the rush tune last. I have a tremdemdous amount of respect for rush and dig much of their material. I simply have not gone ape shit about them like some people. Not really too familiar with their catalogue.

I've seen YouTube clips of Injun Joe performing Tom Sawyer. I would have much preferred that tune to have been covered. Belladonna is pretty bad ass
Joey also does Limelight and Closer To The Heart with Chief Big Way. Personally, my favorite of the Rush songs Joey has done is Closer To The Heart, but admittedly that would've been a poor choice for Anthrax to play. I think Anthem was a good choice because it gave the band a chance to show off their technical prowess without going way out into left field and doing La Villa Strangiato or something crazy.

Don't think Tom Sawyer would've worked since the synth is such an integral part of the song. Then again, they did get someone to play organ on the the Boston cover, so maybe adding synth wouldn't have been a problem...

Joey also does Limelight and Closer To The Heart with Chief Big Way. Personally, my favorite of the Rush songs Joey has done is Closer To The Heart, but admittedly that would've been a poor choice for Anthrax to play. I think Anthem was a good choice because it gave the band a chance to show off their technical prowess without going way out into left field and doing La Villa Strangiato or something crazy.

Don't think Tom Sawyer would've worked since the synth is such an integral part of the song. Then again, they did get someone to play organ on the the Boston cover, so maybe adding synth wouldn't have been a problem...

They also got someone to play cello on be all end all !!!