Anthrax's "Judas Priest" intro.... Creeping Death?

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Am I the only one that immediately thinks of Creeping Death when hearing the beginning of "Judas Priest?"... before it goes into the awful dragonforce type guitar part that sounds like something that should be on Guitar Hero :lol: Maybe they do it on purpose to pay respects? Maybe this has been discussed before? It's not the exact same riff but fairly close in how they do it.

Am I the only one that immediately thinks of Creeping Death when hearing the beginning of "Judas Priest?" Maybe they do it on purpose to pay respects? Maybe this has been discussed before? It's not the exact same riff but fairly close in how they do it.

The only thing the same about it are the pauses in between, the riffs and drums patterns are completely different. I know where you are coming from though. If you use that as a reference, then there are a million songs that sound like Creeping Death at the start :lol:

Now that you mention it, I do hear the similarity to Creeping Death. Probably more coincidence. I don't really get the connection to Judas Priest. It doesn't really sound like something Priest would do.

The thing that sounds funny to me is the guitar solo around 4:47 to 4:53, it sounds like the Happy Birthday song.

Now that you mention it, I do hear the similarity to Creeping Death. Probably more coincidence. I don't really get the connection to Judas Priest. It doesn't really sound like something Priest would do.

I actually think the verses sound like Priest.. Joey even sounds kinda like him in teh verses.. Nothing has sounded like Metallica to me though.

I do hear the Creeping Death thing yes. I don't hear ANY Judas Priest influence in the music whatsoever. The lyrics also don't seem to have a whole lot to do with Priest either, but maybe that's just because I haven't sat and learned all the lyrics from all my Priest albums over the years.
Anyway, I don't really see why they called it Judas Priest.

I do hear the Creeping Death thing yes. I don't hear ANY Judas Priest influence in the music whatsoever. The lyrics also don't seem to have a whole lot to do with Priest either, but maybe that's just because I haven't sat and learned all the lyrics from all my Priest albums over the years.
Anyway, I don't really see why they called it Judas Priest.

i listened to alot of judas priest back in the day,i hear alot of judas influence in the song,great tribute

i listened to alot of judas priest back in the day,i hear alot of judas influence in the song,great tribute

I own all the albums (yes, not downloaded, bought and paid for :p ) and I don't really see it. Musically, not at all. Lyrically, yeah some of it. In general though, I don't really get why they called it "Judas Priest" unless it was just to try and get Priest fans to buy the album to hear it.

I own all the albums (yes, not downloaded, bought and paid for :p ) and I don't really see it. Musically, not at all. Lyrically, yeah some of it. In general though, I don't really get why they called it "Judas Priest" unless it was just to try and get Priest fans to buy the album to hear it.

If the idea was to sell more albums, they should have called the song "Lil Wayne".

Yeah, that's it. You know what you're talkin' about.:rolleyes:

ok, I heard it the other day.. I can see the similarities but it isn't something I would have heard without someone bringing it up.