ANTHRAX's SCOTT IAN To Be Transformed At METALLICA Guitarist's 'Kirk Von Hammett's Fe

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian and Joel Harlow Designs will be at METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett's first annual horror convention, dubbed Kirk Von Hammett's Fear FestEviL, which will take place February 6-8, 2014 at The Regency Ballroom in San Francisco, California. Ian will take part in a live "Blood & Guts" event where Joel will transform Scott, live and unedited, into a vision of Victorian killer Jack The Ripper. Series director-producer Jack Bennett will be on hand to moderate. "I've always loved horror, I've always loved collecting, I've always loved weird and macabre things and I've always loved conventions," confessed Hammett. "So what could be better than having your own Fear FestEviL where ALL those great and crazy things can be enjoyed by like-minded people under one pretty cool roof?! Nothing!!! And because I've seen some conventions turn from back-room gatherings of like-minded dorks into mainstream hipster extravaganzas, rest assured that it's my intention to make this a great experience where all things horror, weird, and nerdy are celebrated! So come one and all!!!" Visit www.FEARFESTEviL.com for the latest information on horror's newest and coolest fan convention."Blood & Guts", the Nerdist YouTube channel web series hosted by ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian, gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at how some of the all-time greatest practical effects artists create the gore and monsters that genre fans love. The series differs from typical behind-the-scenes shows due to Ian's infectious excitement and curiosity, coupled with the clever ways the effects are integrated into each episode. Ian is often the one in the makeup chair, experiencing squibs, gore appliances and complex character makeups with rare enthusiasm."I've been into horror longer than music, longer than comics. It was my first true nerd-love," says Ian. "And that love affair still burns hot all these years later. Horror has been a huge influence on my music career, my writing, and now I get to actually be a part of it by hosting 'Blood & Guts'. It's my dream gig."
kirkhammetsfearfestival.jpg

More...