Any decent semi-recent racing games out there? (PC)

slashvanyoung

Dopefish lives!
Jul 18, 2006
Germany
That'll run reasonable well on a Core2Duo @ 2,00 GHz with 4 gigs RAM and a Radeon HD 4300?

Any recommendations?

I'm so out of the loop when it comes to recent games. Not so much looking for pure arcade racers (unless they're really cool), but they also don't need to be hardcore simulations. I don't care if they are a few years old if they're good games.

Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for the recommendations so far! I remember my brother playing Flatout religiously some time back, so I might be able to get that from him to check it out.

Codemasters also rings a bell, I LOVED the early "Colin McRae" games and I'm a huge rally fan. If they're anything like those, I'll probably like them.

Anyone got any experience with rFactor? Seems to be the ultimate sim. The quasi unlimited expandability looks cool but I wonder what quality the community mods are.

That'll run reasonable well on a Core2Duo @ 2,00 GHz with 4 gigs RAM and a Radeon HD 4300?

Any recommendations?

I'm so out of the loop when it comes to recent games. Not so much looking for pure arcade racers (unless they're really cool), but they also don't need to be hardcore simulations. I don't care if they are a few years old if they're good games.

Thanks in advance. :)

Get Grid. It's in between arcade and sim, and it's a great game.

Need For Speed: Shift was excellent too, very, very visceral. When you crash you can almost feel the whiplash from the comfort of your sofa.
The sense of speed it conveys is enough to make you shit yourself too.

if you looking for most realistic car sim,check out Live for speed - lfs.net
way better than rFactor.