Any fans of Manilla Road?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I don't own a single Manilla Road album, but I'd like to check them out. Can anyone suggest a good place to start? Do they have that one particular album that is a must-have?

Crystal Logic is a good start in my opinion, if you're looking for "mystic" epic metal.
Anyway you can't go wrong with their first 3 albums I'd say, Open the Gates and The Deluge being excellent as well.

I must say that I do not dislike their comeback cds released in the last few years, they're a bit different at times but Manilla Road have always evolved and I'm happy with that.

Manilla Road is one of my top 20 fav bands
The defined epic heavy metal back in the 80s with their AMAZING atmosphere and riff-ology of the guitar master Mark Shelton. And of course his lyrics were probably the best epic lyrics in heavy metal ever.
as Fangface said C.R. is ideal for the start. And to their top albums list i have to add their most atmospheric and dark efffort : "Mystification" . Nearly all their "before reunion" albums are of high quality, while "Atlantis Rising" rocks and the most recent one is mediocre imo.

I only have "Crystal Logic" and I like it a lot. I may get more of them in the future (other priorities at hand :D )

I only have "Out of the Abyss" (and I rate that highly), so where would you folks place that one - seeing as no-one has mentioned it?

I just know I need to get more!

I don't have anything of Manilla Road either. I'll see if I can find some mp3s. Check then out!!! :)