Any GN'R fans?

GN'R Fan

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2010
Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum. Any other Guns N Roses fans here? What did you think about 'Chinese Democracy'?

Not a metal band... but one of my favs nonetheless. CD was decent... too ballad heavy.

Actually, pretty much all former members of G 'n' R are great musicians. The problem is with Axl. His vocals are, and always have been, atrocious. I guess he's a good pianist, but that doesn't make up for his ear splitting whining, screeching, and moaning. Also, while I do agree that Guns 'N' Roses are more accurately categorized as rock, there was a significant metal influence in their sound. "Lost In The Garden of Eden" from Use Your Illusion I, for example, shows a strong Motorhead/NWOBHM influence in the guitar riffing.

Welcome To The Jungle is the most authentic hard rock album I've ever heard, with the possible exception of Too Fast For Love. Dunno wtf you're on about.

Welcome To The Jungle is the most authentic hard rock album I've ever heard, with the possible exception of Too Fast For Love. Dunno wtf you're on about.

HAHAHAHAH! Credeance Clear Water Revival, The Who, Leda Zeppallllllllin, etc., etc., etc., clearly are are indebted to GNR for their serious take on hard rock. MY BAD D000d

HAHAHAHAH! Credeance Clear Water Revival, The Who, Leda Zeppallllllllin, etc., etc., etc., clearly are are indebted to GNR for their serious take on hard rock. MY BAD D000d

I don't think that was his point... actually one of the things that made GnR stand out back in 87 was how gritty and authentic they were. That's what I think he was saying.
And IMO AFD is in fact the greatest hard rock album ever.

I don't think that was his point... actually one of the things that made GnR stand out back in 87 was how gritty and authentic they were. That's what I think he was saying.
And IMO AFD is in fact the greatest hard rock album ever.

There is nothing authentic besides how the drugs had takin a toll on them. There's nothing original about taking AC/DC vocals (even possibly a lil Robert Plaint) and intergrating a glam metal backing to it. But as I mentioned before, G'n'R can be fun depending on how drunk I am

edit: the stupidity of his post warrented an even more retarded response. I wasn't really bashing G'n'R just saying why I don't like them.

And to say AFD is the best hard rock album is just plain wrong

In being being the best? Hell no if you ask the majority of people with legitimancy. G'n'R never had anything important to say unlike other hard rock outfits such as THE ROLLING STONES LED ZEPELLIN, THE KINKS, THE WHO, BLUE CHEER< oh wait I shouldn't have to justify myslelf to such ignorance so I'm out like this thread is about to be

edit: I was only responding to the satement you made about it being the "most authentic hard rock album I've ever heard". So I'm simply suggesting you to listen to better hard rock and you will thank me. And also am directly my vicious verbal assault to the fact you don't even know much about THE FUCKING BAND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! Cmon, to be an efficient fan boi you at least need to know the name of their albums.

Fuck GnR. Everything I've heard has been terrible.

And Axl should just get voice nodules already so we don't have to hear him sing anymore.

The only thing I like about GnR is that I never get to hear them anymore!

That album Welcome to the jungle was fun to put on while you're driving to the cottage or somewhere as a kid, back then when rock was cool.