Any GT6 users here?

Dec 9, 2004
Any guitarists here that use the GT6? I just got mine a week ago, and I'm experimenting to get some Opeth like sounds. Anyone having some tips or patches to share?
And I got an decent accoustic 12-string patch made, anyone intrested?

Cheers

i use it, i just use the defaults though. there's so many of them that tweaking is hardly even necessary.

ps--- how can you share them? its not like you can plug it into a computer. unless you mean listing the settings...

Silent Song said:
i use it, i just use the defaults though. there's so many of them that tweaking is hardly even necessary.

ps--- how can you share them? its not like you can plug it into a computer. unless you mean listing the settings...

Well, yes you can. Using a midi cable and the right software, GT6 patches can be uploaded to the pc, or transfered to the GT6. At www.bossgtcentral.com there's a lot of patches to download.

But I don't have a midi connection on my pc, so I must list it. Not too much trouble for cool sounds right?

I bought my 6 last summer and I love it.
Brainsforbreakfast, I'd like to hear that 12-string patch. PM it to me if you don't mind.
Also, I do have a pretty badass patch that sounds pretty close to Opeth. If you want, I'll PM you the settings for it.

I'm thinking about getting the gt-8 along with a new amp. I'm definitely gonna try to get some similar Opeth sounds. I've been wanting to get a nice clean sound that Opeth uses, similar to "when" and the end of "dirge for november"

Vandelay Industries said:
I bought my 6 last summer and I love it.
Brainsforbreakfast, I'd like to hear that 12-string patch. PM it to me if you don't mind.
Also, I do have a pretty badass patch that sounds pretty close to Opeth. If you want, I'll PM you the settings for it.

Why PM? Other GT6 users might like it too ;)

It doesn't sound too realistic for an 12 string, but it's kinda nice. It needs a lil'bit of tweaking tough.

FX order: PS -> AC -> PRE -> CE -> RV

Pitch shift:
Voice: 1 voice
Mode: medium mode
Pitch: +12
Fine: 0
Predelay: 0ms
level: 25
direct level: 100

Ac. guitar sim:
top: 60
body: 70
level: 100

preamp:
type: clean twin
gain: 25
bass: 50
middle: 50
treble: 60
presence: 10
level: 100
bright: off
gains switch: low
speaker: off

chorus:

mode: mono
rate: 30
depth: 50
predelay: 0.5ms
highcut: flat
effect level: 35

reverb:
type: room 2
rev time: 0.85
predelay: 0ms
lowcut: 55.0HZ
highcut: 4.00 KHZ
density: 2
effectlevel: 71

Enjoy :headbang:

Well, I wanted to PM cause I knew it would take up a lot of space...but oh well.

Overdrive/Dist: On
Type: Heavy Metal
Drive: 77
Bass: 7
Treble: 12

Preamp/SP: On
Type: JC-120
Gain: 30
Bass: 69ish (you may want to mess with the bass a little, mine was a little higher than this for a while and it was distorting my speaker during palm-muting)
Middle: 50
Treble: 55
Presence: 10
Level: 100
Bright: Off
Gain SW: Middle
Speaker SW: On
Sp Type: Original

Chorus: On
Mode: Stereo
Rate: 30
Depth: 50
Pre Delay: 5.0ms
High Cut: 8.00kHz
Effect Level: 40

Reverb: On
Type: Room 2
Rev Time: 1.8s
Pre Delay: 10 ms
Low Cut: 110Hz
High Cut: 6.00kHz
Density: 4
Effect Level: 30

EQ: On
Low EQ: 0
Lo-Mid f: 630Hz
Lo-Mid Q: 1
Lo-Mid EQ: +6dB
Hi-Mid f: 4.00kHz
Hi-Mid Q: 1
Hi-Mid EQ: +3dB
High EQ: +2dB
Level: +4dB

FX-1: On
FX Select: PIC (try either P00 or P01, can't decide which one is better)
Type: S to H
Tone: 0 to +3
Level: 100

FX-2: On
FX Select: SEQ (P00)
Low EQ: +5dB
Lo-Mid f: 500Hz
Lo-Mid Q: 4
Lo-Mid EQ: +4dB
Hi-Mid f: 10.0kHz
Hi-Mid Q: 1
Hi-Mid EQ: 0dB
High EQ: +4dB
Level: +1dB

This is the best sound I've ever played through, but you may need to work with it a little to get it just right for your setup. Enjoy!
Also, I have since tweaked this patch myself and haven't taken the time to change everything on here. Just play with the settings and get ready to fuckin rock!

just checked out both your patches.

i really really like the 12 string one.

the metal one sounded good once i dropped the bass to around 63, but it was still really thick so maybe other adjustments could help too