Any ideas about Intelligent Harmonizer Pedals?

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
Hello!!

I'd like to use a harmonizer pedal in the fx loop of my Framus Cobra for my solos because I love the slow and harmonized solo lines.

I can't afford an Eventide, so, we are talking about 200€ maximum.

Any ideas??

PS: I don't need a pitch shifter like a whammy, it's an intelligent harmonizer, with scale, key, interval and mix controls.

Thanks!!:headbang:

I use the Boss PS-5 super shifter. It's decent at around 150$. It works good for the price and sounds decent, not too mention comes with 5 or 6 other totally usable settings

Pitch Shift
Detune
Harmonizer (set key, interval)
Whammy
Flutter

I also use the Boss super shifter. It sounds pretty good so long as you can use it in your effects loop.
It really shines when you can feed it into two different amps, but a 2 amp rig can be a pain in the ass.

Never tried a Super Shifter but I have the original Boss Harmonist which has the option of two seperate inteligtent harmonies instead of one and detune (which makes for an excellent chorus) but no whammy type effects. Works pretty much spot on with excellent tracking through the loop providing obviously your guitar is spot on in tune and you are good with you bends.

Also has an input called "detector in" which you use a splitter box to send a clean signal into the harmoniser and another into a distortion pedal etc if using in front of the amp.

These are discontinued but you can find then on ebay second hand for around £90

Frankly I've never found a harmonizing pedal that is worth a damn for tracking anything other than very slow single note work. If you are hoping for a "poor mans Eventide" then get a TC Electronics G-Force or an older Eventide H3000 but both will run you about 400 Euro.

Hello!!

Thanks for all the replies!

I'm not gonna use it for tracking (well, maybe, it's really good, yes), but for live, because we are 2 guitarists, my partner is only rythm guitars, and all my solos are slow and melodic, always tracked twice and harmonized. I can't do that live without a harmonizer.

I've also thought about buying a 2nd hand GForce. Never thought about the old Eventide, thanks ;).

I'd pay no more than 200-250€ for an "only harmonizer gadget". If it's a G-Force, I'd pay up to 800€ 2nd hand, because of all the efects it has.

Thanks to everybody!! I'm still listening to different ideas, however I'm almost done with the G-Force one ;)
-Erik