Any love for the new Overkill?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
166580.jpg

I like it. It's straight forward and enjoyable. works well when I'm lifting. They're not trying to reinvent the wheel, but who would expect them to try? It's Overkill.

Side note... in the VIP area at this past year's Wacken, Bobby Blitz was hanging out, chatting with everyone, taking pictures, etc. Given he was probably one the more recognizable musicians at the fest, and given how few musicians actually came back to the VIP area, I thought it was quite cool of him to spend so much time with his fans. But hey, that's no less than I'd expect from a Jersey boy.

Zod

I've only heard Overkill V, and it's really good (but not as good as any of the earlier four in the series), but I really really don't like the drum sound and mix, the kick trigger most of all. The drums feel like they were done completely apart from the rest of the album, it's just no good.

I saw them live about a month ago. They were real good. The few new songs they played sounded good live. I have not had a chance to hear the new CD yet. It is ondeck in my stack of CDs that I need to listen to.

Everything I've heard post Horrorscope has sucked, so I'm not going to waste my time listening to this. I can bear a few newer songs live like Necroshine and Thunderhead or whatever, but it does nothing for me in the studio, especially when it's not sandwiched between BUT MOST OF ALL I HATE YOU!!! and WE ARE THE WRECKING, THE WRECKING CREW!!!

Saw these guys live once. It was pure madness. My buddy had his leg dislocated at the knee. He popped it back in and we stayed. :kickass: He had to go to the hospital the next day however. :erk:

I thought WFO was the worst album between Horrorscope and ReliXIV, actually. I hate being eaten by groove. I've actually heard everything except the newest one...I can't bring myself to care any more.

The new one is okay, but didn't grab me. WFO, Killbox 13, Bloodletting, and Necroshine are all good post-Horroscope discs (in that order).

Blitz did a side project with Dan Lorenzo (of Hades) this year called The Cursed. I dug it. Bluesy metal, which I usually dislike, but it's pretty darn catchy IMO. Maybe I should put it on again to make sure I wasn't just insane when I heard it.