Any power/prog singers here?

NoSoup4you22

Keep on blorpin'
Feb 16, 2010
Minnesota, USA
www.myspace.com
Hey, my name's Matt Hodsdon, a guitarist/composer based in Minnesota. I'm new here, though I've lurked for awhile. Anyway, I'm looking for a vocalist to collaborate with on a CD I'm working on.

Instrumental samples: http://www.myspace.com/chaosframeofficial

Basically the whole thing's recorded and produced except vocals. The melodies and lyrics are all written, I just haven't been able to find anyone to record them. Though I was hoping to find someone locally to complete the band's lineup, session work from afar is an option too. I just want to get this thing done so I can focus on new material!

Yeah, I know the production's shit compared to what everyone does here... Anyway, let me know what you think.

Album art below.

l_a85e78ead4ee497b959dcec45e03626f.png

Yeah, I know the production's shit

I wouldn´t say that, dude. "The Distance" has some awesome moments, also production wise. The riffing is phantastic and I love this part beginning at 1:35. Great songwriting! Like I talked to you on FB, I´m sure there will be a possibility arranging some stuff in the future. Keep it up!! :)

Felix should be on your short list of people to work with

BTW, I dig the artwork. If you don't mind a little criticism, it would be a bit cooler without the skull and dagger but other than that, very cool

Oh yeah, welcome!

^Hey man. Yeah, my friend Jesse/ShreddyMarz recommended Felix for vocals, which is what got me looking around on here for talent. I also sent a message to that digitaloutput guy earlier today. And shit, I wish I had your singer too, your band's awesome. :kickass:

As far as the artwork goes, the skull and dagger are sort of there to provide a contrast to the flowers. They were the artist's idea I hired, but they do go with the title track's concept. It's a ~20 minute long piece kinda like Divine Wings of Tragedy.

^ Thanks man! We do what we can and hope it turns out good :D I was really digging what I heard on your myspace, definitely would love to hear it with vocals. Funny ... the newest song I've been working on for the past couple months for my band is called "Another Life" :headbang:

Fair enough point with the artwork, I get what you're going for. Well, good luck, hopefully you can snag someone up from here to throw down some vox for you

Cheers!

Felix should be on your short list of people to work with

Thanks Carlos :headbang:

Yeah we talked on facebook about it already, unfortunately I don´t have time to give 100% currently, but we wanna keep the contact alive. This is great music and has future! And Shreddy Marz is one of the best lead guitarists here at the Andy Sneap forum. I also love the lead sound you guys created.

^Actually at the time of recording the first CD, I wasn't even working with Jesse, it was just me doing everything in my bedroom. :) We've got about half an hour of new material written though, and hope to record it as a band within a year.

And Skinny_Viking, let's not forget Iron Maiden's "Another Life" from 1981... I hate song titles lol.

Well, time to hit Craigslist again. :erk:

^Hey man. Yeah, my friend Jesse/ShreddyMarz recommended Felix for vocals, which is what got me looking around on here for talent. I also sent a message to that digitaloutput guy earlier today. And shit, I wish I had your singer too, your band's awesome. :kickass:

As far as the artwork goes, the skull and dagger are sort of there to provide a contrast to the flowers. They were the artist's idea I hired, but they do go with the title track's concept. It's a ~20 minute long piece kinda like Divine Wings of Tragedy.
Hello i am a progressive metal singer looking for a new project i have a full octave range . do you have any samples i canapply vocals to