Any readers here?

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Talk about off topic haha. But I'm sick of politcs for now so now for something different. If you read, what do you read? Just list some cool shit you've read/favorite writers, ect... Fiction or non-fiction take your pick. Myself, I consider myself a big reader. I love the classics. F. Scott Fitzgerald is my favorite, and Ernest Hemmingway was one of the baddest motherfuckers ever. I have always been a huge horror fan, and IMO, Stephen King is, well... King! As of now, I've been doing a lot of historical fiction reading. I highly recommend anything by Edward Rutherford.

Hunter S Thompson- "The Rum Diary", "The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales from a Strange Time", "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

I just read "Catcher in the Rye"....Thats great, I read it every few years.....it always rules......

Talk about off topic haha. But I'm sick of politcs for now so now for something different. If you read, what do you read? Just list some cool shit you've read/favorite writers, ect... Fiction or non-fiction take your pick. Myself, I consider myself a big reader. I love the classics. F. Scott Fitzgerald is my favorite, and Ernest Hemmingway was one of the baddest motherfuckers ever. I have always been a huge horror fan, and IMO, Stephen King is, well... King! As of now, I've been doing a lot of historical fiction reading. I highly recommend anything by Edward Rutherford.

I read pretty much only horror. If there is a good history novel Ill check it out, and I loved Rainbow Six. I worship King. Ever read McCammon? Swan Song is my favorite book of all time. I hate Lewis Sinclair. If he was alive, I'd set him on fire.

My interests are WWII history-mostly european theater, crime-NY mafia and Boston Irish mob, some "techie" books like the Art of INtrustion by Kevin Mitnick, and Clive Barker

The Sun Also Rises - Hemingway, is my favorite novel.

The Greatest Novels of All Time (in my not-so-humble opinion)

Clive Barker: The Great & Secret Show

Clive Barker: Everville

Stephen King: The Dark Tower Series...and everything else he's written, except for Cell, which kinda blows...

Frank Herbert: The Dune Saga...including the new ones based on his notes after his death...I'm currently reading The Road To Dune and impatiently awaiting the final trilogy...Hunters of Dune/Sandworms of Dune/Paul of Dune.

Ray Bradbury

Robert Heinlein...Job: A Comedy of Justice/Stranger In A Strange Land ...these are amazing works...

Ok...it's official...I read a LOT...

The Greatest Novels of All Time (in my not-so-humble opinion)

Clive Barker: The Great & Secret Show

Clive Barker: Everville

Stephen King: The Dark Tower Series...and everything else he's written, except for Cell, which kinda blows...

Frank Herbert: The Dune Saga...including the new ones based on his notes after his death...I'm currently reading The Road To Dune and impatiently awaiting the final trilogy...Hunters of Dune/Sandworms of Dune/Paul of Dune.

Ray Bradbury

Robert Heinlein...Job: A Comedy of Justice/Stranger In A Strange Land ...these are amazing works...

Ok...it's official...I read a LOT...

Cliver Barker is tits!

Rutherford is damn good to. Ive read London and Ruska.

Razzle - Readers' Wives. (Bollocks, I only look at the pictures, that don't count)

EerieVon : Have you read "The Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sajer? True account of a Grossdeutschland infantryman from the latter part of WW2, a fantastic book. Read it and decide the point you would have just given up and died, had you been him. Incredible.

I love reading about war, probably because I live in safety and luxury and have never had to go and fight anyone, stuff like:

"The Fourth Crusade & The Sack of Constantinople" - Jonathan Philips

"Barbarossa" - Alan Clark

"Panzer Commander" - Hans von Luck

I like a good laugh too, so anything by Tom Sharpe.

Classics are good, waded through Dante Alighieri's "Divine Comedy" not so long back - only read it if you have an accompanying guide unless you are an expert on who's who in 12th century Venice. Hmmm, me neither. A good read though once you get into the habit of cross-referencing. Not the sort of book to read on the shitter.

"Juliette" - Marquee de Sade. Don't bother with "120 Days of Sodom", this is far superior, it's a story rather than a stream of filth. Best of all is "Justine".

I just got through reading The Truth About Hillary Clinton by Edward Klein. I would recommend it. I am also re-reading Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig. I like this book enough that I have read it 3 times.

i read all the time. i'm currently working on 4 books.
horror fiction, true crime, political commentary and religion are my topics of choice.

Razzle - Readers' Wives. (Bollocks, I only look at the pictures, that don't count)

EerieVon : Have you read "The Forgotten Soldier" by Guy Sajer? True account of a Grossdeutschland infantryman from the latter part of WW2, a fantastic book. Read it and decide the point you would have just given up and died, had you been him. Incredible.

I love reading about war, probably because I live in safety and luxury and have never had to go and fight anyone, stuff like:

"The Fourth Crusade & The Sack of Constantinople" - Jonathan Philips

"Barbarossa" - Alan Clark

"Panzer Commander" - Hans von Luck

I like a good laugh too, so anything by Tom Sharpe.

Classics are good, waded through Dante Alighieri's "Divine Comedy" not so long back - only read it if you have an accompanying guide unless you are an expert on who's who in 12th century Venice. Hmmm, me neither. A good read though once you get into the habit of cross-referencing. Not the sort of book to read on the shitter.

"Juliette" - Marquee de Sade. Don't bother with "120 Days of Sodom", this is far superior, it's a story rather than a stream of filth. Best of all is "Justine".

Havent read that yet, but will check it out. My fav WWII era are
The Order of the Deaths Head by Hohne
Guderian: Panzer General by Mackey
Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger-Brooks

another book I really enjoyed, its kinda long and deals with the Irish struggle for independence
Armed Struggle: The History of the IRA by English

Havent read that yet, but will check it out. My fav WWII era are
The Order of the Deaths Head by Hohne
Guderian: Panzer General by Mackey
Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger-Brooks

another book I really enjoyed, its kinda long and deals with the Irish struggle for independence
Armed Struggle: The History of the IRA by English

If WW2 - Euro-theater is of interest:

I also highly recommend:
1) "Hitler's War" and/or "Nuremburg"(or any work) by David Irving.
2) "The Forgotten Soldier" is excellent as already noted.
3) "Grenadiers" the memoirs of Kurt 'Panzer' Meyer is great.
4) "Hitler's Gladiator" a biography of Sepp Dietrich by Charles Messenger.
5) "Sons of the Reich"(History of IISS Pzr. Corp - Michael Reynolds(any thing by Reynolds is good.
6) "The History of Panzer Div. Grossdeutschland" by Helmuth Spaeter(a three volume set - it's expensive but outstanding and as thorough as can be - great first hand accounts.
7) "Tiger Ace" A biography of Michael Wittman
8) "Steel Inferno" an account of 1st Waffen SS in action.
9) "Frontsoldaten" forget the author - good first-hand accounts of daily life in the Wehrmacht.

...as you can see this is a major area of interest for me. I have a small library dedicated to this subject alone(most are "technical" volumes, on armor, small weapons, uniforms, tactics, etc.)
Most folks here in the US have no idea of the war on the Eastern Front - which is as fascinating as it is was horrible - what they endured is beyond belief.

If WW2 - Euro-theater is of interest:

I also highly recommend:
1) "Hitler's War" and/or "Nuremburg"(or any work) by David Irving.
2) "The Forgotten Soldier" is excellent as already noted.
3) "Grenadiers" the memoirs of Kurt 'Panzer' Meyer is great.
4) "Hitler's Gladiator" a biography of Sepp Dietrich by Charles Messenger.
5) "Sons of the Reich"(History of IISS Pzr. Corp - Michael Reynolds(any thing by Reynolds is good.
6) "The History of Panzer Div. Grossdeutschland" by Helmuth Spaeter(a three volume set - it's expensive but outstanding and as thorough as can be - great first hand accounts.
7) "Tiger Ace" A biography of Michael Wittman
8) "Steel Inferno" an account of 1st Waffen SS in action.
9) "Frontsoldaten" forget the author - good first-hand accounts of daily life in the Wehrmacht.

...as you can see this is a major area of interest for me. I have a small library dedicated to this subject alone(most are "technical" volumes, on armor, small weapons, uniforms, tactics, etc.)
Most folks here in the US have no idea of the war on the Eastern Front - which is as fascinating as it is was horrible - what they endured is beyond belief.

The eastern front was hell on earth for both sides. I had a grandfather that fought on the eastern front and in the battle for stalingrad, he used to tell me stories about how it got so bad that men were fighting with bayonets because they ran out of ammo.

The eastern front was hell on earth for both sides. I had a grandfather that fought on the eastern front and in the battle for stalingrad, he used to tell me stories about how it got so bad that men were fighting with bayonets because they ran out of ammo.

Stalingrad was indeed unspeakably brutal for one and all. The siege of Leningrad is also a tale of unimaginable deprivation and human endurance. All told it makes the incessant caterwauling about the 'wars' today seem rather overblown in perspective!

Stalingrad was indeed unspeakably brutal for one and all. The siege of Leningrad is also a tale of unimaginable deprivation and human endurance. All told it makes the incessant caterwauling about the 'wars' today seem rather overblown in perspective!

My grandfather used to talk about how it go so bad that they were with bayonets and hand to hand. My grandfather sustained 3 bayonet wounds to his back. Won the Iron Cross for it