Any tourniquet fans here?

sweepking

Jul 18, 2002
Visit site
Just curious...they are an awesome neoclassical influenced technical thrash band with an absolutely insane drummer. Their early cds had pretty jawdropping guitar work too...they have been without a really good lead player for a while but that could be changing.

I saw on the Tourniquet site that the band is starting to record a new cd, but without Aaron Guerra...but the more interesting note is that Ted said they had serious guitar firepower on board. I am very excited about this because anyone that knows Ted and Tourniquet knows that he is very good friends with a certain metal guitarist who for the moment is bandless....Marty Friedman! Ted and Marty would be a brutal combination...especially with the crazy neoclassical leanings of Tourniquet. This is probably me just dreaming. I wouldn't mind if they just got Erik Mendez back!

Oh yeah...Symphony X rules...I will get back to counting the days until their next release now.

you fergot to mention also a christian band (not that that matters though). The drumming is awesome so are the guitars, but the vocals get on my nerves. When they get a good singer and we are in business :)

anton