Anybody from Norway?

alperozt

Codito ergo sum.
Oct 19, 2003
Willimantic, CT USA
www.mcmlxxvi.com
Hello everybody,

I've got couple of questions to native Norwegians and people who live in Norway. I'm living in USA and there is an opportunity for me to move to Norway. The NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) has a position opening in Marine Hyrdodynamics which is almost a perfect match for me. What is the reputation of NTNU, is it one of the top ranked universities in Norway? The University is in Trondheim, can anyone comment on the city, what is it like, is it expensive? And finally, the annual salary is NOK 350,000 which makes a little over $50,000. They say that about one-third is deducted for taxes and social benefits, what kind of a living would that provide me in Trondheim. I'm trying to figure out if all his worths moving.

Thanks.

I don't live in Norway or anything .... but try the Seriously Off Topic forum (more people there)...

if worse comes to worse try here There are a lot of people from different countries there and a few Norwegians, if I remember correctly.

I'd move to Norway just to see Arcturus live, not even taking into account all the other great bands there....

All I can tell you is that life is quite expensive there but I don't have any direct experience with norwegian prices...

What I suggest you is to join the yahoo group norskklassen, there are several people there who live in Norway.
For any help feel free to ask me :)

1. NTNU has a VERY high reputation in Norway. The top ranked university when it comes to science/technlogy etc.-related subjects.

2. Trondheim is a very fine city, not too big and not too small.

3. 350 000 is a decent annual salary, much better than teachers, industry workers, etc. Granted, you'll have to pay quite a lot in taxes, but it's a rather good salary nevertheless.

henrikmain said:
1. NTNU has a VERY high reputation in Norway. The top ranked university when it comes to science/technlogy etc.-related subjects.

2. Trondheim is a very fine city, not too big and not too small.

3. 350 000 is a decent annual salary, much better than teachers, industry workers, etc. Granted, you'll have to pay quite a lot in taxes, but it's a rather good salary nevertheless.

Thanks for the info. It helps really a lot.