Anybody into Vinyl records?

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
I'm just curious....is there anyone who likes records? I have collected thousands thru the years, and prefer the sound over compressed CDs. I've found a way to record them to CDs without compression and loss of frequencies in the process. So, slowly, I'm converting my favorites, which sound much better than marketed CDs. I'm wondering what Prog Metal vinyl is out there that I'm not aware of.

I have bloodbath's "Resurrection Through Carnage" and at the gate's "Slaughter of the Souls" on vinyl. Also my ex and i (we're still friends so they are still ours) collected all the iced earth albums except night of the stormrider on vinyl as well as some dio, maiden, demons and wizards, king diamond, etc. etc.

I own Blind Guardian's Night at the Opera, which is a double LP, and I also have the punk rock band Bad Religion's New America on vinyl. A friend of my brother has collected all of Opeth's album on vinyl. I don't care for the sound, especially with the Blind Guardian one...their music has too much going on that it sounds too muddy on record. Besides, I'm always afraid that I'll put the needle down too hard on it when I try to play one...my mom just laughs at me.

The Metal Chick said:
I own Blind Guardian's Night at the Opera, which is a double LP, and I also have the punk rock band Bad Religion's New America on vinyl. A friend of my brother has collected all of Opeth's album on vinyl. I don't care for the sound, especially with the Blind Guardian one...their music has too much going on that it sounds too muddy on record. Besides, I'm always afraid that I'll put the needle down too hard on it when I try to play one...my mom just laughs at me.
It takes an effort, which people aren't used to...it's probably "muddy" because the record needs cleaned, too much weight on the tone arm, or crap on the needle! You can EQ a vinyl album and hear things you can't hear on a CD cause frequencies are compressed out. That's what I love about them.
Aaah, I must look into finding some Opeth!

p.s. no vinyl :( i didnt even know they still made records on vinyl, shows how much i know..but now that i do.. i wonder where i can get them.. theyd be good for collecting.